25.

Continued from the last chapter

Justine Skye

I was in bed with Devante he was sound asleep, I couldn't fall asleep for some reason. I will fall back to sleep and then I just have a nightmare of that random drive by that almost caused my life I haven't dreamt of that in so long maybe the song about James and I trigged it.

September 9th, 1996

Brooklyn, New York

11:10 pm

Leaving out of the studio

I was leaving out of the studio just got done recording a few songs and I got into my car about to pull out and head back into my condo. I looked at my mirror I noticed someone was behind me and I didn't know who was the person and I was getting scared, I was by myself don't have my bodyguard or James with me. I looked and the car was gone making me feel better because I thought whoever was in that car was following me so I came to a stop at the light and I all of sudden the same car that was behind me was pulling up next to me and that is when they started shooting causing me to dunk but that is when I got hit by some bullets couldn't move or nothing. I heard the car drive away I was looking around my surroundings with tears in my eyes and I couldn't breathe feeling blood coming out of my body someone came to my car noticing that I was Justine Skye they called 911 and stayed with me but I couldn't say anything I felt like this was going to be my last that is when I closed my eyes.

Firs bullet hit my arm, the second bullet hit my chest the other bullets were hitting the windows and stuff I saw the car and it was a red car. Couldn't make out who was the people that shot me but I could only get the car color and kind of car.

I woke up noticing that I was in the hospital seeing my bodyguard in my room.

"Mike! Mike!" I said scared to death.

"Justine so glad that you're alright!" Mike said.

"Wheres James at?" I questioned.

"He's not here, I tried calling him but he didn't answer." Mike said.

"What about my parents?" I questioned once more.

"They ain't here either I am sorry, I know Aaliyah is coming," Mike told me.

The only thing I could do is cry my own parents or my boyfriend ain't even here, just glad that I had my bodyguard and Aaliyah coming to see me.

"Baby what's wrong?" Devante asked.

"Did I wake you?" I questioned.

"No, I just noticed you weren't in bed." Devante said.

"I couldn't sleep." I told him.

"Why?" Devante asked.

"Thought about the shooting that night, I guess reading the song trigged it or something." I said.

"You want to tell me what happen that night?" Devante asked.

"Yeah, I am ready to tell you." I said.

Devante sat right next to me as I told him the story. I went to the begging where it all started until the shooting man 96' was rough east and west coast rivalry was so stupid, to be honest and I wasn't in no gang just because I live in New York doesn't mean I am in Bad boy records like I don't fuck with all of that like I was in the middle of it.

"Do you think James was in a gang?" Devante questioned.

"I don't know he probably was, I always let him use my car when I wasn't in Brooklyn he never told me what he is doing. I just remember the car was a red Impala that is all I remembered." I said as he nodded.

"I appreciate you telling me your story I wish I was ready to tell ya what happens." Devante told me.

"You will tell me when you ready, you don't have to tell me just because I told you mine its okay." I said as he held my hand and kissed it.

"I love ya." Devante told me as I smiled.

"I love you too." I said.

I pecked his lips and he gave me a hug.