Four

Rose

"Pizza?" I repeated, raising an eyebrow in disbelief as I stared at them. "You're seriously gonna eat pizza and cake for breakfast?"

"Yes, mum," Cristiano responded, snatching a leftover pizza off Jordan. I rolled my eyes, finding their breakfast ridiculous. "What happened to cereal?" I asked, watching as they all sat comfortably on the couch, watching a game as they ate unhealthy leftover foods.

"Well, you can check but I think they're all half eaten or out of date."

I scoffed a little playfully, folding my arms and chuckling at their behaviour. "Do you guys always do this?" I questioned, curious to know.

"Well," Jordan began, his eyes glancing over at me. "We order a bunch of take out every night, eat it, then have the left overs for breakfast."

"Every night?" I repeated, raising my eyebrows in surprise. "That is so unhealthy."

"Well, we may as well since none of us cook."

"Cooking is an essential part of a person's life. You guys should know how to cook. Or if not, use Google to figure out recipes," I chided, giving them a disproving look.

"I can imagine you as a mother," I heard Dax mutter and I gave him a playful yet annoyed look.

"Okay, well, I'm not having this," I firmly told them, finding their daily food lives ridiculous. "Cris, you're taking me to buy food."

"Um, since when did you become my mother?"

I gave him a scowling look. "Cris," I said in a provocative and stern tone. "You're taking me to buy food. Now."

"Shit, Cris, you better move it before she does it for you," Jordan mumbled, coughing to cover up his words as he avoided meeting my eyes.

He laughed shortly before forcing himself to get up and looking at me playfully.

"Wipe the smirk off your face. Let's go," I said, rolling my eyes with attitude as I started walking to the door.

"You're gonna go like that?" He asked me in disbelief, chuckling.

"I can't be bothered to change into the clothes from yesterday and the same clothes that I was harassed in, so yes, Cris, I will go like this," I snappily replied, giving him another sarcastic look.

I walked out of the loft and he followed me out, shutting the door behind us. We walked down the stairs in silence, through the empty boxing ring and out of the building, the sun finally hitting my face.

I loved it and he led me to the car where I sat in the passenger seat. I put on my seatbelt and looked around the outside world as he started driving.

After a few minutes, he asked me, "why do you keep smiling at everything you see? Don't get me wrong, I love your smiles but you look like you haven't seen buildings in your whole life."

"Well," I started, glancing over at him, "I haven't really been outside for the last couple of months. Being kidnapped doesn't really give you advantages of the outside world."

"Damn," Cristiano said, his eyes moving to me before back to the road. "Sorry."

"It's fine," I waved it off, continuing to gaze out the window.

"For someone that was kidnapped, you seem really good," he acknowledged and I didn't take it the wrong way. I smiled at him, "that's because things are better now. I'm not gonna let that affect me; it's all in the past. That's because of you. ." I looked at him affectionately, "thank you, Cris. Your actions mean the world to me."