Twenty Two

Rose

As I gazed at my promise ring on my finger, I wondered how it was possible for to actually have someone in my life who wanted me.

I was happy. I was finally happy with someone who understood me and I knew was never going to let me down.

I was at peace. I was finally at peace knowing that whatever came my way I could fight it off. I was finally free.

I felt so much better after that day with Cristiano. A weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I no longer had to carry so many burdens. I was at rest. I felt good - it was nice to feel good with myself.

I was with someone.

I was dating Cristiano - I was his girlfriend and he was my boyfriend. It was crazy to me how it was even possible that we were together. I felt so much better with him. I wanted to be with him and I wanted our relationship to grow.

I even started to have dreams about our future. I no longer had nightmares or weird dreams, they were always good.

And the best thing was being able to wake up in his arms with his sweet kisses. I loved it.

I smiled happily as he continued to leave little kisses on my shoulder, my eyes still on my ring.

"-are we gonna tell the guys? I can't wait to show you off to the world." I chuckled softly, feeling comfy in his warm embrace. He left a kiss on my jaw, going back to my neck.

"Maybe when Gage gets back," I replied, sighing softly in peace. "It's better to tell all of them together. You can do it."

"Me?" He repeated in disbelief, his voice muffled in my neck. "Both of us."

I shook my head, turning so I was facing him. "No, I'm too shy. You do it." He rolled his eyes, a playful smile on his handsome face.

"You know you owe me head."

"Head? Well, then you do too."

"Oh, really?" He asked in disbelief, leaning in a little closer.

"Yes, really," I replied with a playful smile, my leg moving to his body and he pulled me closer, his hand resting on my butt. He slapped it gently.

"Is this real?"

I rolled my eyes, giving him a sarcastic look. "Ha. Ha. Funny, Cristiano. Of course it's real. I'd never do surgery."

"Hmm. . ."

I rolled my eyes again, chuckling as I hit him with a pillow. "Shut up."

My phone started to ring and I reached over, about to grab it until Cris pulled me back. "No, baby."

I groaned, rolling my eyes as I squirmed around. "Stop, Cris! I need to get my phone! No one calls me so this must be important."

"Ha! Loser!"

"Shut up! Babe, let me go!" I impatiently asked, trying my hardest to reach my ringing phone.

"Say the word."

"Oh, for goodness' sake! I am not saying - let me go!"

"Say it, Rose," he taunted in a singsong tone. I groaned, continuing to reach for my phone that was going to stop ringing at any moment.

"Say it, Rosalia."

I grabbed my phone, quickly answering before it stopped. Breathlessly, I greeted, "Hello!"

Ha!

I glared down at Cris who lifted my shirt and started sucking and kissing my stomach. I rolled my eyes, sighing silently.