Fifty Six

Rose

She was fascinated by my hands, the colours on my nails. She cooed, kicking her chunky legs powerfully, refusing to let me change her nappy.

I groaned, chuckling at my baby. "Aww, honey! Can you please let mommy change you? I think you pooped, mama's girl."

I wiped her, quickly managing to put on her diaper without her crying or peeing. I then buttoned up her onesie, bringing her to my chest and kissing her cheek. She cooed, her small hands clutching onto my shirt.

I smiled before laying her in my arms, cuddling my baby.

Cristiano and I's baby had grown so much.

She was a healthy baby and it was a wonder how she was a premature baby from a pregnancy I didn't even know I was having. She had added weight, enough weight for her to be able to go home.

I had been released from the hospital before her and she had to wait an extra few weeks to come back home. She was a bright, playful baby. I hadn't heard her giggle yet but she did like to smile.

Her father brought out all of her smiles; he knew exactly how to bring out the happiness in her. Their relationship was the cutest and I managed to snap the best adorable photos of them both.

Just like one morning as he entered the room.

She automatically smiled, recognising her father. I sat her upright, her head and back resting against me. I held her tiny hands, the young newborn clutching mine. She was still learning how to balance her head and although she was a little behind, she was doing well for a premature baby.

My hand was pulled into her mouth and I stopped her. I thought she would whine but the intrigued girl was too busy staring at her father happily.

"Is that my Princess? Look at my beautiful Princess!" Cris beamed, scooping her up and cuddling her, leaving kisses all over her face. She let out a few gurgles, excited to see her father. A beaming smile was on her face and Cris lifted her, gazing into her eyes.

I quickly snapped a photo and e looked at me in surprise at the flash. I smiled, "memories."

"Hello, my sexy Queen," Cris greeted, leaning her and giving me a warm, loving kiss. I smiled as he pulled away. "Hey," I softly replied, "did you get the car seat?"

"Yup, it's in the corner there." I glanced over and noticed the black car seat that I had seen only. It was perfect for our baby.

I sighed before smiling at the little baby who intently gazed at me. "What did the doctor say?"

My smile faded, remembering. "She'll catch up to the same rate as other babies when she's probably a year or so."

He kept a smile on his face, staying positive. "That's fine. The Princess requires extra time for pampering." He kissed her cheeks before gently placing her into her car seat, buckling her in with the seatbelts.

I got off the bed, grabbing her bag and putting in the last of her stuff. Zipping it up and swinging it onto my shoulder asking, "ready to go?"

"All set."

~~~

When the front door opened, I gasped in shock as a large group of people jumped out at me yelling, "welcome home!"

Streamers, banners and confetti were thrown, balloons everywhere and music playing.

My heart stopped and I blinked a few times, realising what was going on.