Sixteen

Cristiano

I was panicking.

My brain was constantly searching for any sign that she was alright. I could barely concentrate on the shitty poker game that I was playing for cash that I didn't even care for.

I knew the plan was a bad idea from the start.

I was waiting for the door to open widely, her walking in with her sexy, wide hips swaying her perfect ass as she confidentially walked in, a large, seductive smile on her beautiful face. But no. Seconds turned into minutes quickly and she still wasn't back.

My stomach shifted uneasily and I noticed that my clammy fingers were digging into the skin of my palm. I released my hands but then I couldn't figure out what to do with them, so instead they clasped and unclasped each other as if in constant need of touch and reassurance. But what they needed was to be able to touch Rose, to know that she was safe and okay.

Where was Rose?

My eyes slowly moved upwards, thankfully meeting the eyes of Gage who plastered an emotionless look on his bruised face although inside, I could see right through his grey eyes. He was thinking the same as me.

Where was Rose?

"Must say, it was confident for you to come back, Mr Gage, after all, my men did quite a number on you."

I scoffed, my eyes averting over to the bastard.

"It's gonna take a lot more than your goons to hold me back," Gage directly responded, his eyes darkening as they stared over at the man, his tone bitter and cold.

In the room, there was at least ten men sitting around the poker table. Four of us guys, and the rest Angelo's. The other five men were bodyguards, placed around the room, Angelo's too.

Where was Rose?

I thought I heard footsteps but I didn't. My mind was playing tricks on me and I looked over to the door. No movement.

Did she get the document?

Is she okay?

What if he hurt her?

Does she need my help?

"So, Mr Rossi, when is your next fight? I'd love to see it."

My eyes moved over to see the man. He was sitting upright, smoking another joint carelessly as he watched us intently, his eyes watching our every move as if we were prisoners in his perfect cell.

For years we had a rivalry against him. I could barely remember how it started. All we needed was the document back, which Rose had managed to sneak up to try and get. But she had not yet came down. It had been two hours.

Where was Rose?

"A few weeks," I replied casually, licking my lips as I glanced over at Gage, my eyes moving over to the door in a signal. "I'll be sure to get you a ticket. You wouldn't want to miss out on me win."

He chuckled, puffs of smoke leaving his mouth. His dark eyes moved over to me.

"Now if you'll excuse me," I said, clearing my throat as I stood, fixing my expensive suit. "I need the restroom."

I left the room abruptly, shutting the door behind me. I exhaled before inhaling deeply at the fresh oxygen instead of congested air.

I licked my lips, turning my head in the dark corridor before my eyes caught some stairs.

Beginning to walk towards it, I froze in my tracks at the piercing sound.