Thirty Five

Gage

"I'm sorry, Gage. I just can't be with you anymore."

My eyes looked into her beautiful sky blue ones in disbelief. I scoffed, looking away and rolling my eyes, finding the whole situation unbelievable.

She continued to fiddle around with the blanket, unable to meet my eyes which told me that she was lying. She was hiding something. She was doing everything she could to avoid my gaze.

"I don't know what you're hiding," I said to her, my voice thick with love and disappointment. "But I'll find out. Maybe your dad is putting you up to this - I don't know but guess what?"

I stood and met her eyes finally. Her face softened and she studied my face, her lips parting.

"I will do whatever it takes to be with you, Genevieve, because I love you. I didn't wait a year for nothing. I'll keep fighting for you."

I sighed, gazing at her before finishing, "you're the love of my life."

Rose

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of yelling and smashing of glasses. I gasped softly, pulling down my pyjama dress before swiftly walking as quick as my painful legs would let me down the stairs.

Letting go of the stair rail, I walked onwards and into the living room to see a drunk Cristiano being held back by Jordan. There were broken cups and photo frames on the floor.

I sighed in disappointment, folding my arms.

"Rose, it's okay. We've got this. You should go back to bed. You need to rest," Dax softly advised me but I shook my head, giving him a small smile as Cris continued to slur things we didn't understand.

"It's okay. I'll be fine. I'm used to this now." Jordan let go of Cris and he stumbled towards me, practically falling in my arms. The man stank of alcohol and drugs and I sighed, Jordan giving me a pitiful look.

"Come on, honey, let's go upstairs, okay? I'm just gonna help you walk so you don't fall, can you hear me?" I sweetly asked, lifting up his chin so he would look into my eyes. He started to chuckle and groaned, mumbling. He slurred, "I love you."

"I love you too. Come on." I careful swung his arm over my shoulder and walked him over to the stairs. Step by step, we slowly went up and finally made it to the bedroom. He dropped to the floor and I groaned. I couldn't pick him up; he was too heavy.

"Can you stand up for me, please?" I asked kindly, pulling a strand of my hair behind my ear as I looked down at him, trying to mask my disappointment and anger.

He laid on the ground and laughed, mumbling and slurring again. I sighed, shaking my head.

Then he vomited on the ground, spewing out whatever he was eaten. I held back from groaning and my nose wrinkled up. I sighed, going over and handing him the water bottle.

"You know what? I can't do this," I said, shaking my head. "I'm not cleaning this up again. Sober up and go to sleep. I'll see you in the morning." I gave him one last look of disgust.

I turned and left the room, slamming the door behind me.

I walked downstairs to see the guys cleaning up the broken glass. I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

"Dickhead. Wait till he sees me in the morning. I'm gonna fucking murder him along with the other guys I'm meant to be killing," I bitterly snapped, sighing in frustration. Dax chuckled and I licked my lips, leaning against the doorway.

"Look, guys, I'm just gonna head to bed in Gage's room. I don't think he's coming back tonight. Cris vomited again and the room is a mess-"

"Yeah, yeah, it's fine," Jordan benevolently told me. "Go to bed." I smiled at them before bidding them goodnight and going to Gage's room to sleep.