Fourteen

Rose

Rose

I tried my hardest not to stare but I couldn't help it. My own eyes were on on his red-rimmed ones, with patches of purply-green bruises around the area. Swelled and badly affected, he could barely see.

I looked away, my chest aching with guilt. Gage did not deserve it. I stood, about to leave until his voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Rose. ." He croaked, before automatically spluttering as he coughed, his whole body shaking violently a little on the bed.

I approached him again with a small smile, my eyes meeting only one of his his that managed to open. He smiled a little though it looked more like a grimace in pain. Wincing, he managed to slightly sit up, clearing his throat.

"Thank you."

I shook my head, still kindly smiling as I held his hand. "Don't thank me," I softly told him, my heart rate increasing. "I'm just glad you're okay."

He smiled, sighing gently. "R-"
The door interrupted us by opening, the sexiest man alive walking in. I was awestruck by his powerfully, alluring entrance, my heart skipping a beat as I stared at him, my mouth going dry.

Those brown eyes had a touch of green and a splash of blue. They were enchanting and I could almost see a beautiful forest in them with an autumn's touch.

They flickered over to me and my cheeks automatically went red, my breath hitching and my eyes averting elsewhere as I composed myself. Letting my fingers run through my hair, I tried to distract myself from his attractiveness. I looked down at my pyjamas, staring at the faded Spongebob on my leg.

When I met them again, they were no longer on me but on a crippled Gage who still managed to crack a playful smile.

"So. . .who's getting murdered this time?"

With a roll of his eyes, Cristiano sat down on the couch not too far away from Gage as the Jordan took a seat on the side of Gage's bed, whilst Dax leaned against the wall, a bored expression on his face.

"Gage, man, I seriously didn't mean for you to be dragged into this mess-"

"We're family," Gage disagreed, firmly looking at Cris. "We share mess. But it's been going on for ages, bro."

"Yeah, and what if they come for Rose?"

My eyebrows raised a little and all eyes were on me. I curiously looked back. "Who. . ? What's going on? What happened?"

Hesitation was written across all their faces. I folded my arms, staring at the men in irritation and sarcasm.

Gage began, wheezing a little as his strained voice spoke, "Rose, it's nothing you need to concern yourself with-"

"Yes, it is," I firmly responded, giving him an annoyed glare. "I live with four guys over a boxing ring. I do need to know - not just because I'm your roommate but because I'm your friend and I damn well care."