Seven

Rose

Rose

Hit by hit he was beating his opponent. The crowd roared as their mighty boxer was winning, dodging powerful hits coming his way.

Over and over, he punched his enemy, catching him off guard and balance at times which aided him to gain more competence to fight harder.

He was winning - so successfully too. He made it look so easy. Determination was written all over his face that was dripping with sweat.

I could feel every single beat that my heart was pumping. It was like a drum, thumping and thumping constantly without an end, my whole body vibrating with each pound.

The intensity of the beating grew louder and louder as adrenaline coursed through my veins, igniting excitement in me, my whole body tingling with exhilaration.

I thought my heart was going to explode of out my chest, my veins to break out of my skin.

My eyes went wide as they followed him on the boxing ring ground, constantly throwing the last few punches before the bell rung and the referee came.

It was the end.

He won.

The crowd rose automatically, cheering and screaming, their emotions all the same and together. Uncontainable excitement bursted in the air, strangers all shouting out, their bets made, their hands shook and hugs passed all around.

All because he won.

A smile was stretched across his flustered face, his arm held up in the air by his wrist as victory was his, finally. His eyes scanned the room, meeting the eyes of his supporters before finally meeting mine.

Despite my best efforts, I could not fight the smile desperate to burst out. It grew on my face and before I knew it, I was laughing, my hands clapping and my eyes twinkling as they gazed into his, giving him a small nod of pride.

He won. Nothing could hold him down.

______

"What the fuck are you wearing?"

My head snapped up, my eyes locking with his immediately. My eyebrows creased a little in confusion. "What do you mean? We're clubbing."

His eyes roamed my body and his face turned serious. "You're not wearing that to a club."

I laughed, finding his sentence hilarious. "Nice one, Cris," I chuckled, putting on my necklace. He came closer, his eyes darkening as he approached me. "Take. It. Off." His tone was firm and controlling, his voice deep and stern, sending shivers down my spine.

Stopping, I cocked my head to the side and raised an eyebrow. "Why should I take it off? For you?" My smile faded away as I noticed his glowering stare. I swallowed roughly.