Twenty Nine

Rose

Being back home was weird.

The loft was exactly how we had left it.

The house was tidy, neat and pristine, just as I had left it however there were a few things the guys had left out of place. Cris's coat was sprawled across one of the chairs, Gage's guitar was not in its case, Jordan's 'secret' Victoria Secret magazines were on a messy pile on the sofa and Dax's broken bowl that Jordan had accidentally smashed was still on the ground after I had told them to clean it up countless of times.

After a long, odd flight that included petty arguments about unpopular opinions, food fights and pranks, we were finally back home.

Home.

I exhaled loudly as I placed my suitcase on the ground and studied the loft, rubbing my moist lips against each other softly.

Time in France was spectacular; I got to know my sister, my nieces, my nephew and my brother in law, I managed to make new friends and acquaintances, I got to spend time with my boyfriend and our friends, I managed to see the great monuments of Paris and I also got to have some rest and time to myself. I loved every second of France and I would love to go again.

But being back home felt like the dream was over. Reality was back and so was life. Things needed to be done. Dax has a business deal to close, Gage had an appointment with Genevieve, Cris was preparing for his match and Jordan, well, Jordan was still complaining about having no girlfriend. Poor guy. He even asked me out which did not please Cristiano.

What did I even have to do?

I liked to tell myself that I had nothing to do besides look up some jobs for myself however I knew deep down that I had a secret in me, literally, and it had to be revealed. Soon.

"I have horrible fucking jet leg," Gage complained with deeply as he sulked over to the couch, automatically thrown himself onto it, sprawling across it. He groaned, laying down, legs long legs apart as he covered his eyes, groaning loudly to himself.

"I don't understand! I'm handsome, quite funny, if you ask me, and polite and - oh! I just don't get it! Why don't I have a girl? This is so annoying! I'm sick of being single and you guys all have someone-"

"You can't keep a girl if your life depended on it, stupid ass," Dax bluntly responded, pushing past Jordan and throwing himself onto another couch, groaning too as his phone started ringing. He huffed, answering monotonously and stalking off into another room.

I chuckled softly at the guys, placing my bag down and smiling. "You guys need to shower then get ready. We have a match to see."

"How is it fucking possible that Cristiano is fighting tonight with no practice and jet lag?"

I shrugged, flicking my hair over my shoulder. "I don't know. I'm gonna go check on him then I'll come back and make some stir fry or something - I don't know what you guys wanna eat."

"Hell yeah!"

"Please make some stir fry!"

I chuckled once more, pulling a strand of my hair behind my ear. I sighed softly. "Okay, I'm coming back, hang in there." Then I turned and left the loft, swiftly jogging downstairs to see a familiar muscular back.

His strong punches echoed throughout the room and each punch followed with loud, determined grunts. My hand slipped off the railing of the stairs as I came to the bottom.

Walking over to the ring, a small smile formed onto my face. He could hear the sound of my footsteps and gradually stopped, turning and facing me. Was it weird that the sweat dripping down his bulky body looked attractive?