Look at the sky tonight, all of the stars have a reason

Lilly - 

I took a deep breath in before texting Jake. 

Lilly: Hey can we talk?

Jake: Sure 
want me to come over 

Lilly: Yes please 

Jake: I'll be there soon 

I sighed and leaned back on the couch. I had no idea what I was going to do, or say to Jake. I hadn't really thought about it. I guess it would be whatever came to me then. 
    A couple minutes later there was a knock on my door. I quickly got up to answer it and let Jake in. "Hey" I said timidly as he walked inside. I led him back to my couch and sat across from him. "You and I both know we need to talk. I'm sorry we didn't soo-" 
"Hey don't apologize for anything" he said reassuringly. I nodded my head and started talking. "Before anything starts I want to know what happened at that party" 
"When we got there I walked off and went to go drink. I drank a fucking lot and I'm still surprised I didn't get alcohol poisoning I don't remember how or why I went upstairs honestly the only thing I remember is you coming into the room" 
I knew he wasn't lying to me I could see it in his eyes. Jake had been blackout drunk and I'm surprised he had remembered anything at all. "How have you been?" I asked 
"I've been terrible" he said quietly. 
"Me too" I whispered 
"Do you want me back?" He asked after a moment of silence. 
"I don't know Jake. You were my world, everything I needed and you cheated on me. I get that you were drunk but" I paused "But I don't know if we can get back together right now after all of this" 
"Friends though. Right?" He asked looking over at me. I nodded and pulled him into a hug "Forever Jake Friends forever" 

We talked a bit more about us and how we had felt during the past couple days. We hugged a few times and it made me feel much better. I was glad he understood me and I understood him. Jake and I watched a movie together and even ordered some take-out. 
    I knew that things would never be the same but right now I was content and he was too. "Jake look at me" I said laughing. He looked over at me and I threw a small piece of chicken at him. He looked surprised at first then laughed "What the fuck Lilliana" 
"It feels weird hearing you say my full name. Everyone just calls me Lilly now" 
"Everyone's closer now" He smiled. I nodded and sat back down on the couch so we could finish the movie. 
    After the movie was over Jake decided to leave "So I guess this is it?" He asked with tears filling his eyes
"For now at least. I love you Jake" I cried
"I love you too Lilly always have always will"
"I'm sorry things ended this way. Maybe in the future we can try again"
"Maybe in the future" he smiled
"Bye Jake" I choked out
"Bye Lilly" he said with a soft smile. H epulled me into another hug then walked out of my apartment.
    And with that he was gone. I sat against the door and slowly slid down tears blurring my vision. 'Maybe in the future we can try again' the words echoed in my brain. Hopefully the future would be soon. 

Whoa, I never thought I would make it this far to be honest I didn't even think I was ever going to finish this story. I want to thank you all so fucking much for reading my story. It makes me so happy that people actually read it. Thank you for all the support that you guys have given me these past few months. I'm kind of sad I'm ending this but book two will hopefully be up soon so stick around and read that! Thank you all again so much for reading it means the world to me. Have a good day/night wherever you are. See you later!!