CHAPTER 4

A U G U S T

"August get up and go help the neighbors their here" my mom shook me and I smacked my teeth

"I'm not helping them folks. Ion even know em" I told her and she smacked me upside the head.

"Boy get yo ass up it's 2 in the afternoon and Ian gone tell you nomore" she said walking out my room and I smacked my teeth sitting up on my elbows.

"Too damn early for this shit" I threw the covers off of me. I walked to my bathroom and brushed my teeth washed my face.

"What a nigga gone wear today?" I asked myself as I walked to my closet that was in the back of the bathroom.

"all black Fashoo" I said grabbing one of my black tees and black Gucci jeans.

I got in the shower and after about a hour I got out and got dressed. I put on my black 12's and  I made my way downstairs and seen everybody was next door and three uhaul trucks was too. I smacked my teeth as I walked next door. There was a Jeep and the uhaul trucks.

"Alright August get the boxes that says Payton" my mom instructed me and I grabbed them off the truck.

"Is that payton?" I asked Mel as a girl walked out the house. She was cute.

"Nawl she said sum bout France or Paris one of em" he said walking in the house.

"Hi I'm Paris" she said smiling at trav. They'll be fucking by next week I thought to myself.

"Wassup I'm August" I told her walking past her.

"Hi I'm Tasha the lady of the house" the lady introduced herself.

"Wassup I'm August. Umm... where's Payton room?" I asked them and her mom lead me upstairs to the room on the far right.

"Where y'all at?" I heard Tasha ask as she answered the phone. I walked out Payton room and back downstairs.

"Yoo whoever Pierre is can play basketball. Look at all these damn trophies" Mel said holding up basketball trophies.

"Boy put that down" my mom smacked him upside the head.

"Let's go get the other stuff" Mel said walking out holding his head. We walked outside to see a black Audi pull up on the side of the road.

"Who is this Payton girl? She got to much shit" I said grabbing a box off the box.

"There she go" Travis pointed and I looked too see Shorty. She had on a black crop top hoodie and black jeans. She had on the black 12s to.

"Zamnnnn" Mel said and I licked my lips. Shorty was fine.

"Payton where have you been?" Her mom walked down the driveway getting in her face.

"Man back up" she stepped back with her hand in her back pockets. Sum dude got out the car and he looked just like Payton.

"Girl who you talking too?" Tasha said walking back up in her face.

"Ma chill." The boy said standing in between the two.

"Y'all two get on my damn nerves. Y'all never listen to what I have to say. Why?" She asked looking the boy up and down.

"You always gotta blow my high yo. Ian even did nothing." Payton said rolling her eyes. Shorty was fine as hell I had to relick my lips.

"Hoe shut up" her mom said and the white man walked outside.

"Yooo hold up whatchuu disrespecting me for?" Payton asked looking real confused.

"Oh shit" Mel mumbled and I just kept my eyes on the argument.

"I do what I want. I bought you in this world and I'll take you right out this bitch" her mom said pointing her hand in face.

"You putting on a show for no reason yo." She shrugged with her hands in her back pocket still.

"Don't talk to your mother like that" the white man said trying to step in Payton face but the boy stepped in front of him.

"Yoo don't talk to my sister like that. I don't know how many times imma tell you this" the boy said looking the white man up and down.

"I got it Simon" Tasha pulled him back.

"Payton I want you to get yo hot ass in the house and unpack now" her mom pointed to the house. Shorty remained unbothered.

"Hot? I'm a virgin you would know that if you take care your kids. Man fuck this I'm out cause you on some bullshit Tasha. Take that shit to somebody who care cause I don't give no fucks. " she said fanning her mom off and walking to her car.

"P" the boy called after her and but she kept walking towards her car. She got in and sped off.

"Ma why you do her like that?" The boy asked as she walked up the driveway.

"Pierre go get yo shit off the truck and let's go. Don't worry about her" Tasha said and I shook my head. She shows favoritism.

"Ion care what you got going on. All I'm saying ain't nobody gone disrespect Payton. Mom or not" the boy said and his mom didn't say nothing.

"Boy who I just told you don't talk to your mother like that" the white dude walked up on him.

"Man back the fuck up. I told you my pops dead and gone so therefore us discussing anything ain't happening" he said looking him up and down.

"Tasha get yo son" he backed up towards her.

"Nawl Tasha get yo cracker. Walking up on me and shit. You already know I bang the west coming for me is a threat and my sister" he said and Mel was so into it. I walked back home because that pissed me off.

Shorty look like a good hearted girl and her mom treats her like shit. Only thing she did was get out the car and her mom started snapping. I was shock to see her turn around because she looked like she was about to punch the shit out her ma. I went home and played the game.

*3 hours later*

"August" my mom knocked on my door. I paused the game .

"Ma'am" I looked back at the door as she walked in.

"We're having dinner with the neighbors tonight be ready at 8" she told me and i smacked my teeth.

"Moms I don't wanna go" I told her as I turned my attention back to the tv.

"I don't remember asking you. Like I said be ready at 8" she said closing my door once she finished saying what she was saying.

"Bullshit" I said as I finished playing my game.