CHAPTER 36

A U G U S T

"Lai and Yoni do y'all wanna ride with me to the store?"My mom asked as I watched tv with the twins

"Yes ma'am" lai stood up from the bed walking over to my ma with yoni behind her.

"You might as well come Yung" my mom said and I agreed since I was gone be home by myself.

"I'll go" I said grabbing my phone off the couch. I opened the door for them I seen Payton car in the driveway.

"She taking us?" I asked my mom as we walked down the porch stairs.

"If you don't wanna come y-" I cut my mom off as we walked to Payton car.

"No I'll go" I told her as I opened the door for her.

"Thank you" She said as I closed the door for her. I opened the door for the twins and they crawled in the backseat.

"Hey y'all" Payton smiled and I the first thing I noticed was her grill.

"Damn" I mumbled to myself as I she smiled. She had her hair flat iron going down her back and that grill made her look mighty fine.

"Hey" the twins greeted her smiling.

"Hey sweetheart. Thank you for taking me to the store" my mom said and smiled at my mom and I felt my friend jump.

"No problem. What store we going to now? " she said putting her car in reverse.

"Walmart" My mom said and she nodded pulling off. She sat up in her set with her elbow on the console and one hand on the bottom of the wheel.

"Y'all wanna listen to some music?" She asked as we stopped at a the red light.

"Oh yess. Grandma can we listen to Betty Wright?" Lai asked and my mom giggled.

"I don't care" she shrugged and Payton passed her phone to Lai.

"Grandma what's its called?" Lai asked her.

"No pai-" My mom was about to speak but lai cut her off.

"We got it" she said as the song played. As we got on the highway Payton looked out the window before pulling over into the middle lane.

"My baby and I are back together again. Lovin' is better than its ever been. If it weren't for the trails we been thru, I wouldn't have the courage to come back to you" the twins sung to the song.