CHAPTER 11

P A Y  T O N

I was woke up to my moms telling me to go to the neighbors because she was planning our birthday party

I was woke up to my moms telling me to go to the neighbors because she was planning our birthday party. I put on a simple white wife beater and grey jogger that fitted me nice. I did my lil slick ponytail and called it a day. Amarin decided to sleep in since we wasn't doing nothing today.

Pierre and me walked over to the neighbors and knocked on the door. Their mother was beautiful. She was a beautiful Carmel, slim thick, and she had on my colors. She had on all blacks. I was so I love with that color. I complemented her as I walked in her nice house.

"Ok you guys what color would you want your theme to be?" She asked me and I shrugged.

"Black and Silver" I told her and she nodded smiling at me.

"Same" Pierre agreed. Did I mention this nigga was high.

"Pierre are you high?" Miss Shelia asked and I giggled.

"Yes ma'am. Do you mind if we postpone this. I'm hungry" he said standing up rubbing his stomach.

"Pierre it's food on the stove" she pointed to the kitchen. He walked in the kitchen.

"So Payton right?" Sheila said smiling at me.

"Yes ma'am but you can call me P" I told her nodding my head.

"Ok well P do you have any idea what you want at this party?" She asked me and I nodded.

"I wanted to do it like a Harlem theme. Don't have it too good but have some hood somewhere" I told her and she giggled.

"Do you know any rappers you would like to perform" She asked and I shrugged.

"Surprise me. Also can you make sure that whoever sings happy birthday can sing." I told her and she giggled.

"I like you. Your very honest and seem outgoing" she complimented me and I smiled at her.

"Thank you." I said as Pierre walked back in.

"Can you do me a favor and go tell my son August to come here." She asked me and I nodded.

"Yes ma'am what room is his?" I asked her and she gave me directions.

I walked upstairs following her directions. Once I reached the room I noticed the door was black. He got taste I thought to myself. I knocked on the door but nobody answered and nobody said anything. I twisted the knob slowly and opened the door. Once I walked in, I seen him nowhere to be founded. I seen a notepad on his bed and walked over to it.

"These are song lyrics" I said as I read them. I hummed them and they sounded real deep. It was like it was story.

"Why you in my room?" I heard his raspy voice as a door open.

"Your mom told me to come get you. Umm you wrote this?" I asked holding up his notepad. He snatched it from me and I scrunched my face up.

"Yea I did and don't be reading my stuff" he said with a attitude and I could tell he was high.

"You got talent but anyways your mom wants you" I said walking out his room. That boy had talent for real.

*August P.O.V.*

When I woke up this morning I was stressed. With Ti on my mind and I had a crazy ass dream that my brother Mel got killed on the streets I had to get up and smoke. It just didn't feel right dreaming that shit. I was outside smoking and I came back to see Payton fine ass in my room.

When she told me I had talent I felt way better. Ever time I would tell somebody about me singing they would say I ain't gone make it nowhere with that shit. She had a nigga ready to go to the studio. I walked downstairs to see her talking to my mom about something.

"Ma you called me?" I said catching her attention.

"Umm yes can you have a seat please" she said and I sat beside Payton. She unlocked her phone and I licked my lips as I stared at her.

"Umm are you attending Payton and Pierre's party?" My moms asked me and I nodded.

"Yea I'm going" I told her and Payton phone started ringing.

"Umm can I be excused please?" She said and my mom told her yea. She walked outside answering the phone.

"August I think you should be her date to her party" my mom suggested and I shook my head no.

"Nawl ma I'm good. A girl like her don't need no nigga like me" I told her shaking my head no. Although she was my type I knew deep down we didn't like each other and that I wasn't what she needed.

"What you mean? Are you still slanging Yung?" My mom asked and I smacked my teeth.

"No ma I do-" I was cut off by Pierre walking in rubbing his stomach.

"Wassup Yung. Where my sister" he dapped me up and I pointed to the door.

"Alright y'all I'm back. What's going on now?" She said as she walked passed me sitting back down in her seat.

"Ok so you want a black and silvervtheme party with surprise guests and a nigga that can sing" my moms said and I giggled.

"Yes ma'am" she nodded and Pierre smacked his teeth.

"Why we cant have a girl to sing happy birthday?" Pierre asked sitting on the other couch.

"Well we can a girl to sing it. I honestly don't care. I'm just trynna turn up" Payton shrugged as she unlocked her phone. I don't know if it was my highness or what but Payton looked hella good.

"Alright well you guys party is next Saturday and I'll have everything done by then" my mom said and Payton and Pierre nodded.

"Alright thank you Miss.Shelia" Payton stood up and so did my moms. They hugged and I looked at Payton ass which was looking right in those joggers.

"Alright I'll see y'all later" Payton walked out and Pierre sat there half sleep.

"Pierre nigga you wanna play the game?" I asked him and he nodded then we went upstairs and played 2k.