CHAPTER 59

The tension in the house was thick as foam

The tension in the house was thick as foam. Payton hadn't got up yet even though it 5 in the afternoon. You could tell August & Pierre wasn't feeling the shorty Ti being in this trip.

Paris, Travis, & Ti we're outside in the pool. August, Pierre, and Rondo was in the game room upstairs. I was downstairs watching a movie eating popcorn and pickle juice.

"Amarin where is everybody" I heard Payton voice as she walked in drinking water.

"Game room and the pool" I told her and as she sat beside me on the couch.

"Y'all ate?" She asked me and I looked over to see her in a huge golden state jersey with some black shorts under.

"No we been waiting on you too cook since none of us can cook" Amarin said stuffing her mouth with popcorn.

"You telling me nobody here know how to cook" she asked pulling her hair over neck.

"No Pay so can you go cook please" I asked her cause I was getting tied of these popcorn.

"I guess" she said standing up walking to the kitchen.

"Imma come with you" I told her and she giggled walking to the kitchen. 

"What you trying to eat?" Payton asked me sitting her phone on the counter turning opening the freezer seeing lots of groceries.

"Pork chops and shrimp" Payton held up the two condiments.

"Oh god yes" I said and Payton giggled closing the fridge putting the items on the counter.

"Seasoning" She said turning standing on her tippy toes grabbing the season salt and black pepper.

"Payton how did you learn to cook so well?" I asked her as she tied her hair to the back and washed her hands.

"I lived with my grandma half my life and she would make me come sit in the kitchen so I could learn how to cook" She said and I was shock cause she hated being up her grandma.

"P you ok" I asked her and she looked up at me smiling.

"Yes, why you ask me that?" She asked as she grabbed a cutting board and cleaned it off sitting it to the side.

"Cause you never open up about her and just say that outta nowhere" I told her and she nodded as she began cleaning the pork chops.

"I understand that's she gone now" she said and I knew it hurt'd her to her heart to say that.

"Pay if you wanna talk about it I have time" I told her and before she could finish Ti and Paris walking in the house.

"WE BOUT TO HAVE A PART-Y" Ti and Paris drunk asses walked in.

"Yo y'all needa shut the fuck up, y'all loud and we standing right here infront of each other" Payton cussed them out as she put the cleaned pork chops on the cutting board.