CHAPTER 45

I had just left the studio and was headed to Payton house

I had just left the studio and was headed to Payton house. I knew she wouldn't be upset because I was only three hours late. She wasn't mad yesterday so I wasn't expecting her to be mad today. Once I reached her crib I got out and knocked.

"Hey August" Miss Tasha spoke with a smile.

"Hey Miss.Tasha is Payton here" I asked her putting my hands in my pocket.

"No she left saying she was going to meet you at Ihop" she said catching me by surprise.

"Ohok" I said and we said our goodbyes and as i walked down the driveway I pulled out my phone to see I had over fifty calls from Payton.

"Fuck" I said as I rushed to my car getting in starting it quickly. I pulled out the driveway and sped to Ihop. Once I got there i seen Payton standing from her seat.

"Shit" I said once she walked out throwing her drink in the trash can. As she walked towards her car I got off mines.

As she walked towards her car with her head down I noticed her outfit. She had on the champion sweater I told her I was gone buy her last week. I forgot about that too. As she walked to the front of her car I grabbed her arm making her turn towards me with a expression I couldn't read.

"Payton I'm sorry" I apologized and she nodded turning back towards her car but I grabbed her once again.

"Can we talk?" I asked her and she sigh.

"About what?" She asked and I grabbed her arm pulling her to the front of the building. We on the brick wall that was on front of the Ihop.

"I'm sorry" I apologized to her and she looked at me with a irritated face.

"Word? You forreal? " She asked with her hands in her sweats pocket.

"What you mean?" I asked her and she pulled her hands out her pocket.

"I mean I'm just asking cause you keep lying and I'm just trynna see is you being honest" she said shrugging her shoulders.

"Payton I had forgot and I didn't think you was gone be mad cause you wasn't mad yesterday" i pointed out and she smacked her teeth.

"That's the point. I keep letting shit slid with you" she said and I scrunched my face up in confusion.

"Payton you didn't tell me you had a problem with me" I told her and she sigh.

"I couldn't do that because every time I call you or meet you somewhere you forget" she let out in frustration.

"Payton you don't understand wh-" she cut me off.

"No what you don't understand is how I'm feeling." She said and I felt it was something wrong.

"What are you talking about" I asked her and she looked at me.

"How would you feel is someone keeps calling you telling them to meet them places and they never there on time. I understand black folks don't never be on time but damn cut me some slack. How would you feel if you wake up one morning knowing your partner won't be there to help you pass a big project. You don't understand the shit I have been through and how you keep mak-" I cut her off.

"Comm'er Comm'er" I stood up pulling her up as she cried. She cried in my chest as I rubbed her back.

"Move bruh" she tried to move out my grip  but I held her.

"Payton let's go back to my crib" I told her she shook her head no.

"No" she shook her head no and I let her go.

"Payton please?" I begged her and she stepped back completely outta my arms.

"August I'm tired yo" she said and I smacked my teeth.

"I know" I told her and she fanned me off.

"We have nothing else to talk about. Therefore whatever we had is over. I'm not about to keep showing you I care for you and you act like you fucking blind." She said wiping under her eyes. My heart ached once she said that.

"Payton no, I don't wanna stop being friends or nun of that" I told her and she shrugged.

"I do. Also, we got a A on our project. Thanks for your help" she said walking onto the side of her car. She got in and pulled off.

I quickly got in my car and rushed home. I knew i had fucked up. I also knew it was something deeper than me. I knew something was bothering her and I wasn't trying to make it worse which I had already done. I was just trying to make time for her but obviously I had other things to do.

I pulled up to my house and I seen Payton car at home. I rushed up my driveway. I knew I fucked up and I had fucked up bad.  Once I got in the house I seen my mom sitting on the couch working on something.

"Ma can I talk to you" I asked as I walked over to her.

"Thank You Payton" she mumbled as she sat on the couch. I scrunched my face up as we sat down.

"Yes sweetheart what's going?" She said as she sat on the couch. She was just smiling.

"Mom I messed up bad" I told her and her smile dropped immediately.

"What happened?" She said propping her fist up to her face.

"I messed up. I keep telling her to meet me places and I'm never on time. I don't wanna lose her ma. That girl is so special to me" I told her and she covered her mouth in shock as tear fell from her eyes.

"Ma you ok?" I asked getting up going over to hug her. She nodded.

"You've never asked me about a girl August. You always was so private when it comes to stuff like this" she said and I smacked my teeth.

"Nawl that's because I like her a lot and I don't wanna lose her and I may have just did that" I told her as I pulled away from the hug running my hands down my face.

"August how do you feel about her" my mom asked concern and I sigh.

"She makes me laugh and smile more than I ever have, I love being under her, I love looking at her while she into a book or something it's just she's so beautiful and deserves the world and I wanna give it to her but I can't because I fucked up" I poured my feelings out and dropped my head as my eyes watered. This girl had a spell on me and it was real deep.

"August sweetheart." She tapped me and I sat up wiping my tears looking at her.

"Ma'am" I said rubbing my heads together as I tucked my lips.

"Your inlove" She said causing my eyes to buck wide.

#LONGLIVENIPSEYHUSSLE💔
It's Leo season♌️, where my Leo's at? Did y'all know Nipsey was a Leo? His birthday is August 15🥳.  Wow it still shocks me a good man was taken from the world March,31🤦🏽‍♀️. Date forever goes down in history😭💔.
#TMC🏁