CHAPTER 25

P A Y T O N

I was laying in August bed and he was laying on my back asleep

I was laying in August bed and he was laying on my back asleep. He told me he would help me take my hair out so I came over and he helped me take my hair out. I got a bow from the twins and August nicely put it in a ponytail for me.

I was thinking about my whole father situation. My mom hadn't yet to say anything and I didn't either. Pierre didn't know either and we decided to wait til somebody said something.

"Payton your phone is ringing" August said as he wrapped his arms around my lower back and snuggled his head more into my back.

"Hello" I answered as my mom name popped up on the screen.

"GET YOUR ASS HOME RIGHT NOW" my mom yelled in my ear. I hung up the phone because she knows I hate when people yell in my ear when I answer the phone.

"You ok?" August asked as he looked up at me. I sigh putting my phone beside me.

"Yea. I gotta go" I told him and he smacked his teeth.

"But I was using you as my pillow" he pouted and I smiled.

"Imma call you before I go to sleep" I told him and he smacked his teeth rolling over off of me.

"You better" he said as I sat up on the side of the bed.

"If I don't?" I teased as I hopped of the bed sliding my slides on.

"I'm coming over there" he said turning his face towards me.

"Whatever August. I'll see you later" I said picking my bookbag off the floor. He stood from his bed and pulled up his pants.

"Where you going without my hug?" He asked and I smacked my teeth walking over to him. I gave him a hug and you know August. He hugged me even longer.

"Ok August you gone let me go?" I asked him and he smacked his teeth.

"Damn a nigga can't get a hug." He asked looking down at me. I giggled as I walked towards his room door.

"By- See you later" I told him as I walked out the door.

"iight" He said closing the door behind me. I walked downstairs to see Pierre asleep on the sofa.

"Aye fool get up. Let's go" I said shaking him. He sat up and rubbed his teeth.

"P ma called you?" He asked me as he stood from the couch.

"Yea. Probably some bullshit" I said as we walked out the house. Mama T was gone to get the twins. Mel was gone with Chandra. And Travis and Paris was out somewhere.

"It's always some" he said as he closed the door. We walked home and as we walked in. My mom sat on the couch with letters in her hand with Simon beside him.