Chapter 6: Ablackwing

"You say it's a curse, right? Then I'm giving you one more curse. The price you've to pay shall be this then. From this day on, your life will be full of hardships. You will not have peace anymore... But I believe in you. You'll be just fine with it... Go now. Be the angel you've always wanted to be," I whispered in his ears. I felt so tired at that moment, but the pain coursing through my body kept me awake.

My hand, placed right over his back, felt sticky as if I was holding a very viscous liquid moments ago. While still hugging him, I raised my hand to see what it was covered in. The moonlight reflected the dark crimson colour on my hand for a few moments before the moon hid behind clouds. Those few seconds were enough for me to realize that it was blood.

He withdrew from my embrace as he looked in my eyes.

"I don't deserve it, I know I don't. But what choice do I have? It's too late... And his curse..." His lips were trembling as he spoke. He cried out and caresses my face gently. "This curse... I do solemnly accept."

And I woke up.

It gets so annoying when a dream ends before you reach its conclusion. Imagine you are reading an interesting and amazing story at night. A story that could take you to another world. And then there is an abrupt power cut. You don't have a flashlight or even a candle. You can't read even though the story is right in your hands. That's what you feel then. Annoyed!

All you can do is make guesses, but the thing is, you'll never know how correct your guesses are.

With my eyes closed, I thought about that dream. It was the first time I had seen such a dream about that angel. Could this one be true too? But I couldn't imagine the possibilities of why I would even utter word curse and why would he say he accept that curse with a smile on his face. Perhaps my memories were awakening because of that angel?

Angel...

As I thought about him, I realized that I had fallen asleep with him! I was frightened because it was the first time I had shared the bed with a guy! How could I be that stupid? I wondered with my eyes closed. I was afraid to open my eyes, thinking that he'd be present there right beside me on the bed.

That angel fell asleep in my arms last night as if he was a lover of mine! It would be so much embarrassing if he was awake. But then I wondered what if he was still passed out. My thoughts were in disorder. I wished I would never need to open my eyes. But it was so intimidating.

I moved my hands on the bed, only to find that no one was beside me. I crawled a little further to my left and reached the edge of the bed to make sure that the bed was empty. And finally, I opened my eyes.

A corner of my heart felt disappointed that the angel wasn't there. Come to think of it, he fell asleep while tightly hugging me. He shouldn't have been on the other side but in my arms. It was kind of embarrassing, but the last thing I remembered was that I was caressing his silky long hair while wondering what kind of heavenly shampoo he used. All the excitement of being able to see him vanished when I thought that the angel might have left already.

I looked around the room and it felt empty... So did my heart...

I wondered if he just went away from here the same way he came. Maybe he went inside the clouds again, somehow flying with his one wing, or maybe he was magically teleported back to heaven. But then I heard some noise coming from outside.

It must be him!

Who else could it be?

I got up in an instant, even though I was feeling early morning laziness in my bones. I wanted to see that person so badly. My heart was feeling agitated, and I was sure it would not calm down unless he was in front of me.