Chapter 37: Thirty-Three

"No one's looking at us now. Me and my baby are alone here." Black told me again, and I realized where he was getting at. I had successfully changed the topic, but it only lasted for a few minutes. He was such an idiot who can not read the mood. We were having a serious talk, but he bought that topic again to embarrass me.

"I'm not a baby!" I finally said without holding myself back. "Put me down, you dolt."

"There's no way that I'm letting you go." Black started arguing with me. I felt his arms clenching my waist tighter than before as if he was afraid that I'll fly away like a bird if he didn't hold me in his cage.

"Ah. You're holding me too tight. It hurts. It hurts." I bluffed.

"Is it really hurting?" Black asked in a very caring voice. "I'm sorry." Black eased up his grip on me. It was just enough to support me. I leaned behind a little. I was in a higher position than him after I had climbed onto him. I looked down only to see his handsome face staring at me.

"Tricked you," I said and flicked my middle finger on the centre of his forehead.

"Ouch." He cried out, but I wasn't sure that it hurt him.

"You're such a naïve child."

"You..." Black said as if he was angry at me but his voice but his expressions betrayed him. I felt like laughing at him.

"I'm so going to punish you." Black poked my stomach with his fingers, tickling me. That little poke sent shivers down my spine. I knew what he was going to do, and it was so scary.

"Noooo. Not that..." I said, but I said it too late.

Black kept both of his hands on my waist and started poking tenderly with his thumb. His poke was gentle, but somehow it touched the most ticklish spots on my skin. That combination was deadly. I laughed, and I laughed. No matter how much I tried to suppress my laughter, I couldn't stop. My hands were placed over his. I tried my best to get rid of his hand, but my small hands were powerless against his strong ones. I felt like pulling his hair at times so he would stop but I couldn't bring myself to harm his perfect hair. I couldn't move my hands away from his. I feared that he might tickle me more if I let go.

Within a few seconds, I was left breathless. I tried so hard to grasp the air, but I could only exhale air out of my lungs. I was on the verge of fainting when he ultimately stopped his assault. I placed my head on his shoulder and rested my weak, powerless body.

"Now tell me who's a baby."

"I am... I am... I'm a baby... I'm a newborn..." I helplessly said. I couldn't take another assault of tickles. Though I accepted my defeat, in my mind I was thinking of how I could get back at him.

Black chuckled victoriously and started walking down the hallway.

When I regained my energy, we were already out of the main gate of the building and in the open. He was walking towards the parking zone. But many students were sitting on the benches across and walking around. There were more people than there were in the hallway. He was walking slowly, with me in his arms. Everyone would look at us more or less. I could bet they were thinking that I and my Black were weirdos.

"Put me down, Black."

"You're so shy."

"It is embarrassing..."

"Am I embarrassing you?"

"I didn't mean that... Just..."

"Want to see magic?"

"Why are you thinking about magic now? Put me down first."

"See."

At that moment, I felt something strange. It was a very peculiar feeling. I felt something, but I couldn't put into words what I felt. There was like a change in surroundings, but everything was the same as before in my view.