Chapter 66: In His Heart

"...to return," Black spoke something but the sound of the wild wind blowing past my ears as we flew was so much that I couldn't understand him. I could barely open my eyes to see clouds everywhere. He should have brought some goggles for me so that I could enjoy the flight.

"What?"

Black must have realized what was wrong. He lowered his speed, and I found air resistance lessen as if there was some wall in front of us. The winds became faint, and I was able to open my eyes with ease.

Even though I felt that heights were a little scary, at that moment, I was not frightened at all. His presence fought away all the fears, and I could observe the view without any hesitation.

The sight of clouds all around me was so amazing. The clouds were basking in the golden light of the setting sun. I loved watching sunrises and sunsets and thus I was, to a small extent, used to the beauty of nature. But that sight in front of me took my breath away. I was so close to a cloud and I extended my hand to touch it, but it vaporized before I could feel it. They were untouchable.

"Amazing!"

"If you like it that much, I'll let you see it every day!" Black whispered in my ear.

"I'd love it." At that moment, I had decided to make him carry me while flying so that I could see the wonders that only birds are able to see, at least every week. But I didn't realize that Black had tricked me once more.

"What were you saying by the way?"

"You enjoy. We will talk about that later."

I did what he said and enjoyed the view. I noticed that Black stayed above the clouds, mostly.

"Why do you stay above the clouds?" I asked him. Just then a fleet of about a dozen birds passed. Their V-shaped formation was ruined as they scattered after being surprised by us.

"Eden is not earth-based. It's cloud-based. Therefore, we are just used to stay above the clouds. Also prevents us from being sighted by humans."

"I want to visit your homeland someday."

"You'll surely visit Eden one day."

He stopped for a while at the edge of the cloud and I could see the surreal sight of the landscape. The whole city was visible from up there, and it looked so tiny. The skyscrapers which would otherwise appear gigantic looked like miniature toy buildings that Luna often plays with. The uneven topography of the land outside had this strange attraction. I knew that there were mountains on the north side, but they weren't visible. Though, I could also faintly see the stream of Kayanite river flowing from the north-eastern side. I also saw an aeroplane on my left side flying towards the city.

After a short while, Black continued flying towards the south. Nearly thirty minutes later, I could feel that he had started breathing heavily and his speed had slowed considerably from the time he started.

"Are you okay?" Black kept flying without replying, but his condition only worsened.

"Dammit. It's so near." Black cursed after a few more minutes and started descending on the ground. Eventually, we landed at the foot of one of the mountains of the north.

"Am I that heavy?" I pouted as he put me down on the ground. Black then sat on a Boulder nearby and started catching his breath.

"I'm sorry. I don't usually carry anything when I fly."

"So you're saying I am heavy!"

"No, you're not! I'm just weak!" He replied pitifully. I wanted to tease him some more but I couldn't bear to do so when I looked at his miserable expression.