Chapter 60: Raziel

"Hello. We would like to meet Mr Rai." Gabrielle spoke to a black-haired young man who was apparently chatting with someone over the phone. Ah! I so envied the young ones. That wasn't right of me to think like that. I was a youth myself! I stood by Gabrielle's side together with Sophiel while thinking about how I have experienced so many things in the past year that I felt all grown up.

"What? Who do you want to meet?" He raised his head and politely asked her to repeat, even though he heard it clearly. Gabrielle frowned a little when she got that response from the receptionist, and she changed her words.

"We want to meet Mr Don."

"Do you have an appointment?"

"No. We don't."

"Then may I know your name and the purpose of your visit?"

"I'm Gabrielle and we are friends of Mr Don."

That receptionist looked at us carefully, as if wondering why we would say such a lie. He didn't appear to think that Mr Don would be friends with people as young as us. I didn't blame him. But even though that young man thought like that, he didn't show his displeasure and was still polite.

"Okay. I will forward your words but there is no guarantee if he would like to greet you."

"Please do."

That young man tried to call Mr Don but Mr Don didn't pick up the phone. Did that mean we will not be able to meet him? I wondered if something had happened that he was not picking up any call. He didn't even pick up Gabrielle's call, and I had no other choice but to come and personally meet him. That young man stood up and pointed towards the chairs by the window.

"Please wait there for a while," he said and walked inside.

"Sigh... He must be new," Gabrielle informed me in a low tone. She sat on the chair and looked outside at other buildings that appeared so small from the fourteenth floor. That view of different buildings and skyscrapers, the huge park at the right and that cloudy weather looked incredible from there. But even that scenic view couldn't lift Gabrielle's mood up.

Gabrielle was down because that red sword broke. I thought that sword could be fixed and repaired because it was just cracked, but its blade broke into little pieces after a few seconds! Sophiel told me that the red sword was the weapon Gabrielle's brother gifted to her on her 'coming of age'. I was surprised to find out that her brother was none other than Michael!

It was a wonder that they were related by blood despite being so opposite. Gabrielle was so nice and polite while her brother was like a bully. Perhaps Michael was adopted by her parents?

Even though I didn't like that guy, but I didn't speak anything bad about him. From their words, it looked like all the angels highly respected him. I felt guilty for unintentionally breaking her treasured stuff, but I had no idea how to fix my mistake. Perhaps I could ask Black to create a copy when he comes back?

That young man came back after a few minutes and asked us to follow him in a very respectful manner. This time, he didn't treat us as liars like before. That young man led the way, and we walked behind him to the fifteenth floor.

When I entered that large hall-like office, I saw an old man sitting on the other side of the table with his head down. His white hair was short, and his beard was well trimmed. That old man appeared to be reading some documents. His eyes were heavy, and it looked like he would fall asleep any second.

"Did something happen Little Gab?" Mr Don asked without raising his head.

"No. I just accompanied someone."