Chapter 9: Angel Of Creation

I grabbed my phone from the table nearby and passed it to him.

"Who are you calling?" I asked him as he dialled the number written on the card. "I'm just wondering."

"Don."

"Don?" I repeated and wondered if he was calling some thug from the underworld.

"If I'm not wrong, his full name is Don de Jerald."

"I've heard that name somewhere." I pondered upon hearing that name. It sounded very familiar.

"Yeah, you must have. He is, I guess, the eighth richest man in here? He was eighth the last time I visited Gaia."

No wonder the name sounded so familiar! I had heard about him in the news. Mr Jerald was an old man in the late sixties. His personality was a little unusual. He treated money like paper, throwing it away at random places and investing in things that had a high probability to fall to doom. It was a mystery how he even stayed rich. But not my concern what others do with themselves.

"He is the seventh richest now. What's your connection with that guy?" I asked to sate my curiosity.

"Yeah. He's the head of Gaia Core... Um... Like the chief of an embassy."

"Whoa, you have an embassy here?"

"Angels need to organise them too." Black tried to call again. "It's their work to help us with basic stuff like providing protection, backup in crisis, financial help and things like that." I was mesmerised how the angels were working from the shadows all this time and not one of us had any idea about it. Who knows how long they have been there? Perhaps the government knew, and they kept it away from the public?

"He's not picking," Black said as he returned me my phone. "I need to go there. What is this place? I mean where are we right now?" He hasn't gone out of the house.

"It's Valerie, Beltone."

"I see. Is this place far from here?" He asked while showing me that silver-ish card. That card has a big 'R' printed on it. On the bottom was the contact number and the address. It was somewhere in the Flores city.

"This place is about ten-hour drive away from here. Never been to there though," I informed him.

"Do you have a car?"

"Yeah, I have. A black mustang." I replied with head high. My dad gifted it to me on my seventeenth birthday. It's been a few years, but I didn't make a single dent on it till now. I was proud of my driving.

"Can you lend it to me?"

"Sure," I replied without thinking. I couldn't say no to him. He was too cute to be said no to. "But you don't appear to be in any condition to go anywhere. Look at yourself. You can barely stand."

"It's important. And I'll be fine."

"I can drive you to wherever you want." Thought I might have to ditch a few days off my college but whatever, you don't get a chance to go on an adventure with an angel every day. And this idiotic angel was unable to drive.

"Thank you, but it's dangerous... You shouldn't involve yourself in this stuff. And I'm sure a lot of demons will foolishly come after me. You'll be much safer here." I looked at him carefully. Even though Black was so weak, he cared so much for his fellows and me too. And those stupid angels still called him by so many bad names.

"But I want to." I insisted on going along with him.

"You can't sweetheart." He rejected my plea with a mere three words. I was sad that I couldn't persuade him to take me, but then he looked at me. In his eyes was fear, a genuine one. That fear was not of getting hurt himself, but fear that I might get hurt. I couldn't continue asking him after seeing that look. "I'll be back as soon as I can... probably in a day or two."