Chapter 48: Bloodthirsty

"Well, this is awkward." Black rubbed the back of his head and let out an embarrassed smile. "Let me try once again."

The black coat started to fabricate around his body with a speed visible to the naked eye. The collar of his long coat appeared first and then the fabric extended itself, forming the rest of the cloth. He fastened the two buttons and at that moment, the sweater he was wearing disappeared.

His black wing came out of his back, slowly. I couldn't see it, but his wing progressively became larger. He moved his hand to the right side and his one wing moved along with his hand towards his right. His lustrous black wing was large enough to cover the whole breadth of the room. This moment of his wing made a few of his feathers fall around. I felt the atmosphere in the room turn somewhat dreary and scary.

He then moved his right hand again and grasped the air in front of him. I did not understand why he would do so. But then I saw a sword handle in his hand and as he drew back his hand, he drew back the sword blade out of thin air. It was a long, slightly curved sword. I remembered that he used the same sword when he fought against a demon after our first date.

Black jerked that sword and slashed in the air. He moved his eyebrows and smiled at me as if he was asking me how was his performance. I rolled my eyes and sighed in reply. He was such a showoff.

But when I looked at the two kids, I was surprised. They both were trembling. Their bodies were shaking and their knees had become jellies. It appeared that they might fall the next second. Just changing clothes could make Black this scary?

"You might be more familiar with my other names. One-winged devil, Angel of death, Monster, inheritor of Eden's scream and so on." Black continued speaking.

And next moment, his wing, his sword, his long coat, all disappeared and Black was back in his normal appearance. He sat down on the bed.

"I stabbed him the previous night?" Jean stepped back twice before speaking. "And I'm alive?" He was too surprised knowing he was alive. My Black cured him, and he still said those words. Both kids lacked manners. Perhaps there is nothing like manners in Eden? When he came here, Black didn't have manners either.

"Is my reputation really that bad?" Black laughed awkwardly again.

"Can you really... cure our stigma?" Jeanne asked, but her shaking didn't stop. My Black's fame was a little too worse.

"I might be able to. But no guarantee... I can only try. It's your choice if you let me try." He indifferently said.

"Please help..." Jeanne replied quickly, without thinking about anything else. What kind of disease was this stigma?

"Hear me out first. You can go to an old friend of mine. He will surely take good care of both of you. He will not interfere if there's a fight of One-wings though. I guarantee your safety with him. Or you can stay with me for a while."

"We will stay with you." Both of them replied without fear in their heart this time. Their shaking had stopped.

"So quick? I was expecting you both to take some time. How come you are not afraid anymore?"

"Lord Michael told us that only one angel might be able to save us, and that's you. You're our only hope," Jeanne replied, and this time, her speech was clear. She didn't hesitate at all while speaking to my Black. Perhaps Jeanne herself didn't realize that thing. I wonder if this Michael was the same Michael Lilith told me about.

"You know that nerd?" Black was truly surprised. Jeanne's expression changed to slight anger, but she quickly hid them, hoping Black wouldn't notice.