Chapter 38: Impulsive

He was driving the car while I just sat peacefully looking outside. After he showed me that time leap, the world appeared to have slowed down a bit. My reaction time miraculously had improved just by staying in that slowed down time. But instead of enjoying my the view, I couldn't help but think about what he told me a while ago- that he wanted thirty-three babies. I was preparing my arguments in case he was adamant about it.

Honestly, it was just too much. Let's forget about giving birth and having no complications and imagine I could survive that somehow. Would we both able to raise that many kids by ourselves? The answer was a big no. Every kid needs to be given attention, care and love. We two won't be enough to give the care they deserve. And I wouldn't want to be a bad parent. I'd be like my mom, a little strict but more affectionate and loving... I don't think I can explain it better than that.

And what about their age difference? There would be like thirty-three years of gap between the oldest and the youngest, at the very least. That doesn't feel right at all. Would we be making our oldest kids help us raise the youngest one? No way. It'd be damn embarrassing to hear things them comment about our 'love life'. Perhaps Black was dense enough to not be cool with these things, but I'd have to dig up my own pit and jump in it every time.

One of the most important part- Naming them. I don't think I'm good enough to choose a suitable name for all thirty-three. I couldn't even choose Black's name. Well, it was his fault that he didn't let me choose something better and it fits him, but I can't trust myself with that responsibility. I might end up numbering them in frustration.

It was such a bad idea to have thirty-three kids. Thinking about thirty-three kids, I wondered if it was a common thing in the angel world. They are nigh immortal, and these many kids wouldn't appear much when compared with the milleneums they live through. But as a mortal who might not even survive a century, the more I thought of it, the more uncomfortable it sounded.

When that word, 'uncomfortable' came into my mind, I felt as if I was forgetting or kinda neglecting something that I shouldn't have. It was like just in front of me and I couldn't grasp it no matter how hard I try as if it was some butterfly. It'd fly away when I tried to hold it.

After trying hard to remember, I finally caught that thought hidden in the back of my mind. I was supposed to be sad instead of being alright. I was too sad to be true when I saw that necklace break. My heart had broken along with the first gift my Black gave me.

It was him. He did that.

My Black behaved ruthlessly to Oliver. He brutally beat him down. He held me in his arms. By that time, I had thoughts of being spoiled by him because I was sad, but my thoughts hid when he embarrassed me. Then he showed me new magic of time leap. Finally, that crazy talk about having thirty-three babies. And I realized just now that he did everything just to keep my sadness away. He can see inside other's mind. He must have known how I was feeling, and he did everything he could to divert my mind.

I looked at him. His eyes were on the road. That concentrated gaze made him even more charming than he usually was. Little beads of sweat had formed on his forehead. He was truly tired after all those strange abilities he showed me. At that moment, his handsomeness was quite unique, and I just wanted to give him a kiss for his efforts.

But he was caught, and the sadness returned. That gift he gave me was really precious. It was genuinely otherworldly. He had worked so hard to obtain or make that necklace. But what have I ever given him? One small used scarf? A normal sweater? I didn't even take good care of that necklace and let it break. It made me feel so... useless...

"You read my mind back then, didn't you?" I couldn't keep that thought locked up in my mind and asked him.

As I said that, he stopped looking at the road but turned his head towards me. His peaceful expression turned into disbelief. I nudged his head with my hand so that he would focus on the road instead of me.