Chapter 71: The Last Wish

Black

It felt so warm and soothing. Like the warmth of the sun on a wintery day. I felt like I was in paradise. But that paradise didn't last, and I woke up.

I was lying on my stomach, and that soothing sensation was coming from my back. I opened my eyes and saw a beeping monitor that was reading my pulse. Those lines appeared like some games.

That position was too uncomfortable for me and thus I tried to move, but I felt a sudden and sharp pain from my back that made me back down to that original uncomfortable position.

"Stop moving. You're not fully healed yet." I heard a lady's voice, and I did as she asked me to. It was familiar, but I couldn't remember who it belonged to. I could feel that person's hand over my back. I hummed in response to let her know that I heard her. I didn't know what she was doing, but that warm sensation was coming from her hands.

"Thank you very much, Lilith," I heard another woman's voice. It was so familiar. It felt like the humming of angels. I yearned to hear it again and again.

"His body. It feels different."

After that, I could feel that lady's hand roam around my body. That warm sensation travelled from my back to my limbs and then my head as if it had sentience. After a while, that sensation once again got concentrated upon my back.

"What the hell has he done to himself?"

"Something very selfish."

"Give me your hand." I felt one of that woman's hand leave my back. And after a while, she solemnly spoke.

"So this was what he found after months of searching. Too reckless, I'd say." That woman sighed, and after a short while, she withdrew her other hand too. That warm sensation disappeared the moment her hand stopped touching my skin.

"Try moving now," she said, and I followed her instructions. The pain was still present, but it was bearable now. I then turned around to face those ladies.

The lady nearest to me was so beautiful. She had silver hair but her most striking feature were her violet eyes and as I looked into them, that my heartbeats went into a frenzy. There was a crimson red elongated diamond-shaped tattoo in the middle of her forehead, and it only enchanted her beauty. I felt this familiar sensation from her. I just wanted to hug her.

I turned my head and saw another woman with long red hair. She was familiar to me too. As I looked at her, I heard voices in my head and I couldn't understand them. I turned my head towards that lady with violet eyes.

"Are you feeling alright?" The lady asked me in a worried tone, but I didn't know what to reply to her. Who was she in the first place?

"I guess I am okay, but may I know who you are?"

"You don't know me?"

"And who am I?"

Her eyes became teary when I asked those questions. Tears fell down her eyes, and it hurt when I saw her like that.

"Don't cry. I don't like it," I told her. My words had so much power that she stopped it the next instant. But those tears were like a drop of dew on a blade of grass. Ever ready to fall down.

"I'll do as you say. Just..." she wanted to say something, but when she realized my condition, she stopped.

I tried to remember it all, but those memories were in a jumble. When I tried to untangle them one by one, they just flooded over and drowned me.

"Argh," I cried out in pain. My head felt like it would burst open and I stopped trying.

"Black," that lady spoke up in an affectionate manner and her voice was so... calming. I found this unknown sense of peace in my soul when I heard her voice. I again gazed upon that lady, and it brought me peace. I didn't know who she was, but she must be someone very special to me.