Chapter 53: Destiny

"Is this the place? Looks very normal to me," Michael asked as I stopped the car near a bar.

"Because you're stupid."

How could I be wrong? My all-seeing eyes could see everything. Even though I was not very proficient in this ability, I trusted it even more than the creation. The dark life force of demons was visible from miles away. It looked like a bunch of fireflies had been gathered together in a glass jar at midnight. Strangely enough, those demons had gathered together at the very south of the city, exactly opposite to where our house is. I wondered if the reason for this strangeness was that they knew where I was staying all this time. That would be quiet a problem.

"They've really gathered here." I stepped out of the car. Michael followed me.

"Don't be a dead weight and make sure that you run away if a fight begins," I warned Michael but he just shrugged on my warning. I knew he didn't pay much attention to my words. I couldn't help but sigh.

Outside the bar, a big board was constantly glowing with lightened up words -'The Sinner'. A very fit name for the place of demons. There were two guards dressed in black standing on either side of the door. I walked forward. Those two demons didn't even dare to bark at us, even though they both realized we were angels. I guess they were thinking that stronger men inside would take care of us. Too bad for them.

The sound of loud music invaded my ears as soon as I entered the bar. It was very unpleasant to hear. Couldn't they play some nice slow-paced music? How can anyone even enjoy something that murders the ears? The surroundings were dimly lit, and a purple hue was spread everywhere. A glittering ball hanging up was reflecting blue dots of light everywhere. Many people were dancing under that loud and ever-changing music, while others were talking and drinking at the sides as if there was no tomorrow. They were all demons, every single one of them.

I was told about a hundred of demons are coming for me, but their number here was definitely more than a hundred. The strong ones who could give a decent fight to me weren't a lot. I was very sure that the demon scout hadn't lied to me. Perhaps they changed their plans instead of running a?

I sat down on the chair in front of the counter while Michael sat to my left. Even though I came here, I had no idea how to scare them off. My previous two attempts were not scary enough, and I failed. I wanted to do something big this time.

"What would you like, sir?" That young bartender asked with a smile. His rank among devils was so low that he didn't even realize we were angels. I didn't know how to reply to him. I hadn't come here for drinks.

"Long time no see," I heard a familiar voice.

She was wearing a dark shirt with the topmost button open and a short, tight skirt this time. Her long legs were covered by black stocking. Even though the dim light made it hard to see her fair skin, she looked as stunning as she looked the first time I saw her.

"Never thought Miss Asmodeus would personally welcome me,"

"Give me the best you have," Asmodeus told the bartender. That young man slightly shivered in fear, but then he smiled in excitement and nodded. He didn't dare to speak back to the queen of lust.

"Something light for me." Michael too ordered his drink at that time.

"What would you like?" Asmodeus asked me. I raised my eyebrows but didn't reply. I didn't want a drink. I only wanted peace. "Same for him." She told the bartender and then she sat to my right.

"What brings you here?" Asmodeus asked. It was then I took note of five higher demons behind her. They must be her fan club or I can say her servants. They all looked at me with hostile eyes as if it was blasphemous of me to sit on the same level as Asmodeus. Damn! It was blasphemous of her to sit near me like that.