Chapter 47: Stigma

"Let's go back inside, honey. It's cold here," Black whispered in my ears.

"Ohhh. Now you're feeling cold?" I teased him. When I say it's cold, he won't listen to me. But he expects me to listen to him when he says the same. To be honest, I no longer felt cold. I just felt warm in his embrace. And the gentle rays of the sun had warmed up the air, though minutely.

"Yeah. Your nose will be runny if you stay here." Black held my shoulders and pushed me back from his embrace. I didn't want to let him go, but I couldn't resist him. Then his hand went under my waist, and he stood up while scooping me up in his arms.

It was still scary, but this time, I didn't try to hold him up like before. I just wrapped my arms around his neck, and enjoyed being carried like a princess.

I looked at his charming, handsome face, and he looked at me back. He didn't fear he would stumble upon something and we both might fall.

"I love you," I said again. I felt bashfulness when I said it while looking at him in his eyes. It was different from whispering it into his ears. I felt happy from inside as I let him know my feelings.

"I love you too my dear wifey." His voice was music to my ears. No matter what, I'll never get tired of listening to those words from his mouth.

"Wifey? But we aren't married yet."

"What are you saying? Didn't we profess?"

"Yes, but..." I didn't know what to speak anymore. He was totally oblivious to the matrimonial stuff. His common sense was lacking in this department too.

"At Eden, you just profess and you start living together like husband and wife after that. Is it different here?"

Black asked with an innocent smile. I was almost sure that he didn't even know that acceptance of the ring is the mark of engagement. He might have come up with the ring randomly.

But would marriage be different? Except for the ceremonies, nothing will be different in our life. I had accepted my Black as the only one in my heart. And he had already made so many heartfelt vows. Would it make a difference if we do the same thing in another place? Unlike other girls, I had never dreamt about my own wedding ceremony or my wedding gown. Hell, I never even dreamt I'd find someone I loved this much. But I did find him, and I didn't want to disappoint him. So I didn't mind it...

"Uhm... It's a bit different here."

"I didn't know," Black replied and pouted.

"But we will go by the rules of Eden. My... Dear... Husband..." My heart thumped every time I opened my mouth to say a word. I felt so shy at that moment that I wanted to dig a pit and jump in. My marriage was way too quick. A few moments ago he hadn't even confessed, and a few moments later we were married! The world of angels was really strange.

"What are you getting all embarrassed for?"

But when I saw his face bright with happiness, I knew I wouldn't ever regret it. Even though they were very minute, but I felt subtle changes in his mood and behaviour. He appeared more liberated, more otherworldly. As if some weight had been lifted off his shoulder. His eyes shone brighter than ever before. That wide grin on his face was intoxicating. I felt being poisoned with happiness as I looked at his smile.

Before, he felt too closed up and drowned in perfection. His every word, his every action was like too perfect. But today, he felt more real, as if I could finally reach him without caring about anything else.

I didn't know when, but we had reached the bedroom. He gently placed me on the bed and stood there for a moment before crawling on the bed. He was above me, just like before. One of his legs was between my legs and his arms on either side of me. But this time, he was looking in my eyes instead of somewhere else.