Chapter 49: Taming The Beast

I thought nothing would change after our instant 'marriage'. But he changed...

Before, he used to call me either Angel or Eve. But after the day he put the ring on my finger, he changed the way he called me. He changed the way he behaved. He started calling me love, honey, darling, dear, beautiful, sweetie, moon pie, sugar, sunshine and many other different names including pumpkin, dumpling and strawberry! Wifey was his favourite. It was like he got a kick out of calling me names.

Not that I hated it though. In fact, I loved it. I felt closer to him like that. It was just that the change was too sudden. And after a while, I too started calling him by different names. His weren't as good as mine. I called him hubby, baby, idiot, dumbass, moon cake, caramel and a few other similarly odd ones. He didn't mind any of them either.

Calling me differently wasn't the only change he had. Black started increasing his efforts to please me more and behaved much more sweetly. It was like he was afraid I would leave him if he didn't put more effort. Before he would sometimes be lazy and stay on the bed, but after that day, he would always wake up before me to prepare breakfast. Black would try to steal a kiss from me every chance he got. But because of so many attempts, I'd see his kiss coming from miles away. He couldn't steal the final kiss. And neither could I. I wasn't getting any try at that. Other than these, Black would tell me he loves me at random times as if he was making up for all the lost time and every single time it would warm up my heart.

Black became even more passionate than he previously was. He became bolder and would try to grope me sometimes. I'd let him touch and then he would get embarrassed. I enjoyed that embarrassed look on his face. We started cuddling to sleep at night unlike before when I would wake up to see him cuddle me. We would sometimes go out for dinner, shopping, movies like a couple and he would always hold my waist in his arms as if he was eager to tell the whole world that I belonged to him. Even though I wasn't as outright as him, I wasn't any less romantic. I would do small things that would make him smile.

All of this happened away from the eyes of those two kids, though. We had decided that no touchy-feely in front of the kids.

Aside from all our newlywed things, Black would often be busy with the kids. He desperately wanted to solve their problem. He made the kids exercise to get their physical condition to perfect always. At times, he would have this eureka moment, and then he would ask the kids to unfold their wings. But in the end, he would only find disappointment.

At other times, he would research on Pandora's box carefully and try to reverse engineer it but he would fail. He wanted to create the box so that the kids won't lose their memory. Pandora's box wasn't his creation. He told me he got it from somewhere, but he wouldn't tell me from where.

The kids stayed in the room upstairs, along with the three devils.

Ah, those devils. No matter how I looked at them, they only looked scary. My fear did lessen a little while staying under the same roof. I got used to them walking around the house. But I wouldn't actively approach them. The kittens were always too lazy to move around, and that favoured me. My Black made a cat house for them upstairs. Feeding and cleaning up after the kittens became the duty of the kids. My Black named the kittens based on his favourite ice creams- Chocolate, Vanilla and Butterscotch. His naming sense was so weird. I wouldn't let him name our kids!

As for me, I spent the little of my free time studying for my graduation or experimenting with the abilities of the ring. With my constant efforts, I became proficient in using the ring. I could move stuff in and out almost instantly without closing my eyes. Arranging stuff inside the ring was more difficult though, and it required more concentration.