Chapter 11: Yet Adorable

"How did you get this scarf?" Lilith asked me.

Black had warned me that I should pretend to have never seen him if something like that happened, and I was going to do the same.

"I found this in my backyard but there aren't any houses nearby so I didn't know what to do of it." I patted my back in my mind for being such a good liar.

"Now what?" That guy asked her as he wrapped that scarf twice around his neck.

"You have an extra room right?"

"My parents are going to be back soon." I lied.

"Stop lying to us, miss. I can see that you live here alone." Lorex was scary. The way he raised his brows while he talked. That was scary enough to make me speechless.

"Look..." Lilith said to me as she placed both of her hands on my shoulders "What's your name?" she said while looking at me right in eyes.

"Eve."

"Look, Eve. We're not bad guys and he may seem like it, but he's harmless too. He doesn't know how to talk with others. We will not harm you or anything. But we're in a little trouble right now. So can we please stay here for just a day or two? Anywhere would be fine." She said it all in a single breath and the way he said it all was soothing. Her words dispelled the uneasiness in my heart, and my instincts told me that I wasn't in danger. Even though that guy had pointed a knife at me a while ago, I had a feeling that I could trust her words. Her eyes, as grey as clouds before the rain, stared at me asking for answers. Her eyes were just a little less pretty than my Black's eyes.

"Okay, you can stay in the living room." I pointed to the room opposite to my parents' bedroom.

"Thank you so much." Lilith spread her arms around me to give me a hug. I couldn't believe how lightly she was holding me, unlike Black, whose hug was tight every time. Lorex was just standing there, looking away, when Lilith stepped back and cleared her throat.

"Whatever, thanks." Lorex thanked buy I didn't like his behaviour but standing there looking away as if he was shy, I felt he wasn't that bad either. He had personality issues though, which he needed to clear soon or someone would beat him up because of that.

They both walked to the living room. I closed the door and was about to go when Lilith approached me again.

"One thing more, have you seen anyone nearby with silver-white hair wearing a long black coat?"

"No."

"Okay, cool. Make sure to stay away from that person if you see him. That person is dangerous." Lilith went inside the room after saying that.

They called him dangerous, but he was just sweet. They called themselves harmless, but they frightened me. I felt so useless when Lilith called him dangerous in front of me and I couldn't speak out in his defence. I was sure they weren't human. Those two were either angels or devils. They didn't look freaky to be considered devils, but who knows. Perhaps they were putting on a mask to entice others. Even if I knew who they were, even if they were after Black's life, there was nothing I could have done.

Black might be in danger, but the stories he told me about himself compelled me to have faith in him that he can take care of himself. Even though he exaggerated his story, there was surely some truth in them. At the very least, he could defend himself, right?

I silently retreated towards the bathroom on the right of the hallway to wash the rest of my clothes.
* * * * *

It was near six in the evening when I heard a knock on my door.