Chapter 23: Yes! I Will!

He was drinking the rest of the latte from the cup when Black turned his face away and sneezed.

"I guess I got addicted to that sweater," Black said and raised the blanket to cover himself. The material of his dress was very thin, not suitable for cold weather. He must have gotten used to the warmth of fabric. I realized he didn't have any change of clothes. He needed more clothes to add to his wardrobe.

"Let's, go shopping," I suggested.

"Why?" Black asked sincerely, looking right in my eyes. His emerald eyes were bright, too bright for me to look at them. Just looking at them made my heart hop around like a bunny. I couldn't keep looking at them for long.

"To get you some clothes obviously."

"I can create them," Black said with the same sincerity. Something about him was different. It was as if the Black who usually sulks around had gone to a vacation and a more happy part of him was around me. It was true that he could create them. But why didn't he create them it already then?

"That beats the whole purpose, idiot." After all, deep inside I knew that getting him clothes was just an excuse. I wanted to spend more time with him and have some fun. I wanted to go shopping with him, or amusement park, or perhaps a long ride in the car. I would not deny him, even if he proposed to visit another country together.

I was giving him subtle hints that I liked him more than as a friend. Hell, the game of stolen kisses was played by lovers! You don't just play it with your friends. But my angel was too dense, and he couldn't pick up any of those hints.

"And what purpose is that?"

I didn't know what to say. It was more of I couldn't say. It was too embarrassing. A girl doesn't ask the guy out. It's the responsibility of the guy. He is supposed to know that! I couldn't help but curse his head for being too dense.

I was falling for him. Preparing breakfast so early in the morning was something I would have never done for someone else.

He was just the perfect guy. His every little action filled my heart with awe. Those enchanting eyes of his, they were my happiness. I could literally look into his eyes for forever. That smile on his face was my salvation. Within these few days, he had already made himself an irreplaceable part of my life.

I had no idea when I developed these feelings. Was it on the day when he brought me something so precious from another world while disregarding his pain and discomfort? Or was it the day when he cried because I got him a sweater as a gift. Was it the day Black beat an angel because he misbehaved with me? Or perhaps it was the day I got insanely lonely when he went somewhere and didn't return for days? Was it the day when he kissed me on my cheeks when he could have taken advantage? Was it the day when he cried like a baby, when he saw me for the first time?

As I took a trip in the last and recounted the memories, I finally realized that I had been in love with him ever since the day I saw him. Ever since the day I started calling him 'my angel'.

I don't know when exactly it all started. I didn't even notice when the ground beneath me disappeared, and I fell. I didn't notice how he made a home for himself in my heart. I was just falling for him all this time, slowly and yet deeply, to the depths I didn't even know existed. Deeper than the depths that may ever be present in vast space and time.

"You're with me? Hello?" Black asked, waving his hand in front of my face. "Welcome back angel Eve," He said when he noticed my eyes respond. I sighed.

"Just come with me." I groaned. Dealing with a kid was exhausting, and yet that was the way I liked him.
* * * *
"Fancy meeting you here, Eve." A familiar, an unpleasantly familiar, voice called out from some distance behind as soon as I locked my car. That was the last person I wanted to bump into. I could hear his footsteps as he walked towards me.