Chapter 70: Find Me!

The particles in that realm dissipated and restored once more.

This time, we were on a cliff. I looked around to realize that it was the same cliff where Black offered me the Pandora's heart and the box. Little Black was gazing upon his wing with a sad smile as he gently caressed it as if he was caressing a baby. His wing had turned into a darker shade of grey.

"Guess we have one month left."

"Yeah."

Little Eve was standing behind him. She too was doing the same thing as Black. But unlike Black, she was lost in her thoughts. After a while, she looked at Little Black. She could see that the lifeforce fighting the darkness within him was weaker than before. And he never complained about it. He was always fighting like a brave. Little Eve smiled, and then tightly held her wing.

She pulled off her wing as forcefully as she could. The blood that drenched her shirt appeared like a blooming flower. I could imagine how much it must have hurt. She bit her lower lip in an attempt to stop the pain, but the pain was too much for the little kid. She couldn't take it and let out a cry. As that cry reached Black, he turned around.

Little Black saw her holding her wing in her hand, separated from her back. As she held her wing in her hand, blood slowly seeped towards the farther regions and stained the wing.

"What the hell have you done? Didn't we already decide?" Little Black roared. He felt betrayed.

"Come here," she uttered in a low voice. He ran to her as fast as he could, like a madman. As he reached near, Little Eve's legs went weak and she fell into his embrace.

"Take it," Little Eve said as she tried to pass on the wing in her hand to Black. He held her wrist and stopped her.

"I will never take it. Not from you. Not like this!" He refused.

"Do you want it to go in vain? Please accept it," Little Eve begged, and my memories evoked the deja vu of the time Black asked me to accept the Pandora's heart. Black accepted that wing even though he didn't want to. I forced it upon him. No wonder he said that I was selfish back then too.

"But I don't deserve it."

"You consider your wing a curse, right? I am giving you one more curse then. You will not die and live on as a complete angel. I have passed on my ability to you. But there is a price. You will have to forsake the rage, the darkness inside you. You have to be the kind angel that you have always dreamt of. You will no longer have any excused for not using your power for good. And I hope that you bear on to this curse forever and ever."

Tears started to fall out from Little Black's eyes.

"This curse... I accept."

What other choice did he have?

Without caring for her pain, little Eve pushed that wing on his back and it slowly merged with him. Little Eve then tapped on the centre of her brow with her bloody finger and a shining box emerged out of her head. She then offered the box to him next.

"Gaia will take away my memory to preserve the balance, but I hope that you will return them to me later. Don't peek, okay?"

"I sure will return them."

"I want to see that your stigma is cured before I start to lose it. I want to see you fly."

And little did I know that the next moment, my memories will disappear. He nodded and walked further to the cliff. He let out his wings. The greyness faded away in a speed visible to naked eye. Black then flapped his wings and disappeared among the clouds, the same way I've always seen in my dreams. After that, Little Eve lost her consciousness. And he never returned.