Chapter 7: When A Wing Rots

"A black wing... An angel with a black wing trying so hard to fly despite his inability. This image is coming to my mind." I honestly replied to him.

"Then from today, Ablackwing I am."

"Huh?" I opened my eyes to see his smiling face.

"Nice name angel Eve. I thank you for your grace," he said, and it dawned upon me that meant 'a-black-wing' as his name! He seriously had nut loose in his head. I just said whatever came to my mind. He can't just take it and claim it as his name when there are tons more nice ones out there that would fit him.

"You're just kidding, aren't you? You can't be seriously thinking of making this your name."

"I am serious." An angel came to my life, asked me to give him a name, and I had to blurt out this thing. I screwed up big this time. I had this feeling he is very stubborn and he would not yield.

"But how am I supposed to pronounce it? A-Black-Wing. It sounds too weird and long. Don't be hasty in your decision." I tried to make him see that it wasn't perfect.

"Hmm... I guess we can shorten it. You can call me Black. How does that sound? You know, it's my favourite colour." And there he went, smiling yet again. It was amusing enough. His skin was like snow, his hair was white, and he chose the name Black because of his wing. I should have named him 'White' instead. I just knew that he would not give me any second chances. I could tell from the way he smiled with his lips almost that he was attached to it already.

"Yeah. I kinda figured that out from your clothes."

"Black sounds perfect." He moved his hand towards me. I saw he had finished eating already. The next moment I looked down, and it blew my mind. The plate was empty! Only a few crumbs were left. I ate without even knowing I was eating. His omelette was that tasty! I quickly grabbed that last big crumb before he finished taking up my plate.

He laughed looking at my behaviour. I know I was mannerless, but I couldn't help it. I was being irritated by his lack of manners before. But I guess we were woven of same clothes. Wasn't I a rebelling kid a few years back? Instead of being embarrassed by my behaviour, I felt a little tingle of excitement in being mannerless. "I'll make you more tomorrow."

"Really!?"

"Yeah and I'll bring it to your room too before you can wake up." He winked at me.

"You're can seriously make a great wife someday," I teased.

"I wouldn't mind being a wife if you're my husband." The angel chuckled and teased me back. I sure wasn't ready for that. Blood gushed towards my face and I was sure my face was looking like a tomato.

"I'll wash these after some time," he said while putting the dishes in the sink. "I need a little more rest, I guess. Can I... Can I stay here for a few more days?"

"You don't have to wash them. I will do that. And I live alone. You can stay for as long as you want." I'd rather have him stay with me and hear his stories rather than stay alone and scream whenever I see a cat.

"Really?"

"Yeah, as long as you agree to be my personal cook and tell me stories of your world, Black." That was the first time I took his name, and it didn't feel as weird as it did at first.

"I'm going to stay here forever then." He said in a joking manner as he walked out of the kitchen.

I got up from my chair and was about to wash the plates when he spoke up.

"But before that..."

I turned but I didn't get a chance to see him because he grabbed me. His arms spread themselves around me like they were snakes and I was their food. He hugged me so tightly that I felt getting squeezed under his muscles. His skin felt warm as if he still had a fever. That feeling was so beautiful... So familiar.