Chapter 59: The Contract

With nowhere left to go, I braced myself and started walking. My decision to come here was foolish, right? But we all make foolish decisions when we are at our wits end. I didn't regret it though. After all, there was a sliver of hope and that was enough for me.

I walked bravely, step by step, even though a part of my heart was scared of what is coming. If Black does appear, would he still do what he did on that night? And if he doesn't appear, would I cause the death of these kind angels. I wished I was alone. That way I wouldn't be dragging anyone down with me...

I took off the red necklace and wrapped it around my right hand. Triggering its function will cause it to float away. It was better to keep it outside.

Gabrielle and Sophiel walked on either side of me, instead of walking behind me. They didn't seem to believe that the necklace will work.

Soon we were near my house and I could see a woman standing in front of the main gate like a statue with her back towards us. That woman was dressed in purple and black clothes that appeared so tight that it was suffocating to look at them. But they perfectly accentuated her curves. She stood there confidently while looking at the sky, not even caring that she might get attacked from behind.

We stopped about five meters away from that demon and she turned back. I felt her face was familiar and it didn't take me long to realize that I had met that person before. She was the same demon who took me to central park by force on the cursed night Black succumbed to the darkness.

"Asmodeus." I saw Gabrielle move forward swiftly, and Sophiel grasped my left arm. Gabrielle pointed her red sword towards Asmodeus. She was ready for combat. They should at least wait a while, otherwise what was the point of coming here?

Too hasty!

"Hello, Angelheart," Asmodeus remained unfazed by Gabrielle's sword and greeted me in a melodious voice.

I had expected that the demon will start attacking as soon as we were in its range, and I was ready to face that. But I had never expected that the demon would greet me like that. I didn't see any sign of aggression in that demon.

"Um... Hi???" I didn't know how to respond to her.

"I apologize for my mistake. I did not know you were related to that person. If I knew, I'd have never even looked at you, let alone force..." Asmodeus calmly spoke with a tinge of regret in her voice.

"But you surely didn't come to my place just to apologize, right?"

"I came here only to apologize. And may I know where he is?" I didn't believe it! I couldn't! And did she want to fight with my Black after all of that?

"He is not here."

"I see. But he will return to his wife, right?" Asmodeus replied.

"Just what do you want!?" Gabrielle asked.

"You're mistaken. I want nothing." Asmodeus then extended her hand and a scroll appeared in her hand out of nowhere. I was going to walk forward to take that from her hands, but Gabrielle pulled my arm and held me back.

"It's a contract!" It was Gabrielle who spoke up. Was that the so-called contract the demons make and take other's soul in exchange for a wish?

"Throw it over." Gabrielle didn't want me to go near Asmodeus, and Asmodeus lightly smiled in response.

"No need to worry, Gabrielle. I will not do anything. I am not brave enough anymore..."

Asmodeus threw that scroll towards us. Gabrielle caught, and she was about to open it when Asmodeus stopped her.