Chapter 27: They're Here

"May I drive now?" I politely asked him for the fifth time. He seemed to be spent up when we left the beach and we were two and a half hour away from home. I offered to drive back home, but he refused. He said he'll change with me midway, but the liar refused me again! His reason was that I was drunk. I admit that I drank more alcohol than I usually do, but it was not enough to warrant a prohibition on my driving.

Black wouldn't let me help him even a little for his pride. This childish stubbornness! But I was even more stubborn than him. And so I started disturbing him by asking again and again.

"Okay." Black finally gave up, albeit reluctantly. It took me only seven times. I was expecting that I would have to ask more times, but it didn't happen. But after saying okay, he didn't stop the car to let me take over. He kept driving.

"Why are you not stopping?"

"I won't stop."

"Whaa... But you just agreed. Why are you taking your words back?" I felt like kicking the floor in irritation. I didn't understand him.

"Yeah, I did say ok, but I didn't say anything about stopping," he smirked. So stubborn!

"How are we going to switch then?"

"I don't know. You want to switch. So come up with something." Black glared at me a little, thinking it was his victory, but I wasn't letting him win that easily. He said he would be alright but I could see that my Black was still pale. He doesn't care about himself. It was my responsibility to care for my baby. A very big baby.

When I saw him again, I really saw a very big baby in him. I couldn't help but chuckle loudly when I thought about it.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing, nothing," I said, but that thought refused to leave my mind and I couldn't stop laughing.

Other than that thought being planted in a corner of my mind, another thought appeared. Though it was dangerous, I was not one of the people that would give up easily. I decided to switch with him while he was driving. I stood up and placed my left feet to his side. He noticed it quickly.

"Seriously?"

"What other choice do I have?" I replied and got a hold of the steering. Reluctantly, Black let go of it. I moved to his side. My left feet got a hold of the break as I pressed it to slow the car. I was half standing in an awkward position, looking on the road. I was giving him some space so that he can go to the other seat.

Black got up a little. I could feel him touch me from behind, but he was moving so slowly.

"Go quickly!" I anxiously told him fearing some accident might happen because of my rash behaviour.

After he heard my words, he sat back down. He settled right there on that seat that was supposed to be mine after switching. I had no idea what he was trying. Without delay, he put both of his hands on my waist and pulled me so that I would sit on his lap.

"What are you doing?"

"I want to stay here, near you, like this." Black innocently replied. He then crossed his arms around my waist and held me tightly. I felt his face resting on my back. I could feel his breath touching me. He was holding me so tightly that I couldn't get myself free even if I tried. I had a good idea of his strength.

"Was that your intention all along? When you refused to stop to switch."

"Nah, it was more of... a sudden urge," Black replied. I could tell that he was telling truth this time.

"What happened to you all of a sudden?"

"I don't know. I just remembered how I felt all those years after losing you. I feel so happy right now that I'm afraid it's all a dream. I am afraid that I'll wake up soon and not find you there with me." It felt so good hearing him say his innermost feelings. I knew he was not just making a random excuse. I wished I could kiss him right there, but I withheld my urges. My Black really was too sweet.