3 forgiveness

elyse pov

i get into my apartment and lock my door, flopping down on my couch. it felt so good to talk to harrison and just tell him about everything that's happened over the past three weeks or so. i start to think about what harrison was talking to me about and it made me tear up a little. i don't know why, it just did. but it made me feel so good. i've been bottling these tears up for a couple of months now and to let them out feels so good. i sit there crying when i hear a knock on my door. it'll probably be harrison. i unlock it it and open it and maxi is standing there with nothing but his phone in his hands. he sees me crying andy hear him mutter "oh god" to himself. he brings me into a big hug and although i'm a tiny bit mad at him, his hug and comfort of him being there makes me feel at home. "shhh, baby it's okay" he says and strokes my hair and i bury my head into his chest deeply. "i'm here, it's okay" he says once more and picks me up and places me on the couch. he calms me down in minutes by just cuddling me into his side. "i am so so so sorry love" i say and i shake my head. "it's okay" i say, knowing what he's talking about. harrison must have talked to him. "it's not, i'm so sorry i've been distant with you. i-i i don't know why" he says and i shake my head. "it's fine, don't worry. as long as you're here now and you stay i'll be fine" i say and he smiles and looks down at my tear stained cheeks. "let's get you cleaned up" he says and stands me up. he tells me to sit on my vainity while he rummages through my drawers to find some make up wipes. gently, he pushes my hair back and wipes my face, removing my light layer of make up and the tear stains. "you look so beautiful" he says and kisses my lips. my legs are either side of his waist and my hands are wrapped around his neck and i deepen the kiss. he chucks the make up wipe on the ground and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me onto him. we kiss as he brings me to my bed and we play around for a while. "el, i'm so sorry for everything. i love you so much" he says and kisses me again. "maxi, stop saying sorry" i say and he sighs and lays down next to me. we talk it out for a bit and i make him feel a little better. "can we go sit on the beach?" i ask him and he nods. "sounds lovely" he says and we hop up. i give maxi one of his shirts he left here and my lifeguard jacket which he just slightly fits into. i change into my lifeguard hoodie that's lying on the ground and some sweatpants. once we are ready we leave the apartment complex, walking hand in hand down to the beach. as we approach the beach we take a seat on the lifeguard tower steps, looking out into the pitch black ocean. i lean into maxi and he wraps his arm around my shoulder, making me feel safe out in the dark. we get talking about things and somehow the conversation comes to all the lost kids that have come to the tower. "you're so good with kids" i tell him and he chuckles. "i have a soft spot" he says and i smile. "do you want kids one day" i ask and he nods. "i've always wanted kids" he says and asks me the same question back. "me too" i reply. we spend a while on the beach, just talking and laughing at moments we have had at work. "we should head back, it's 11" he says and i nod and yawn. "yeah, let's head off love" he says and we walk home.

once we arrive back we get ready for bed, although maxi doesn't have much to get changed into so he messages jesse and goes down to his apartment and grabs some clothes. i decide to take a quick shower because i feel salty from the wind down at the beach. i take a super quick 5 minutes shower and pop into my room to get changed. since it's super warm in my apartment i sleep in some shorts and a sports bra which i'm sure maxi won't mind. when he does come back (eventually) he lays down beside me in a pair of someone's shorts and no shirt (my fav). i sit there looking at his ratios and tracing them with my fingers and he smiles. "are you gonna get anymore?" i ask and he shrugs. "probably at some stage" he says and i smile. "i'm thinking of getting one" i say and he opens his eyes wider. "wait really?!" he says and i nod. "of what!?" he exclaims and i grab my phone and sift through my pictures until i find it. it's an outline of the mountain back home i used to climb multiple times a week. it had the most breathtaking view from the top and it never failed to impress me. "el, that's beautiful baby" he says and kisses me. "but i don't want you to ruin your stunning body" he says and places his hand on my stomach and i laugh. "i'm not turning into you, don't worry" i say and he laughs as well and i chuck my phone back on charge. "you're honestly so gorgeous" he says kissing my stomach, making his way up to my lips where he kisses me hard.

by the time we head to be it's close to midnight and my god,, i'm glad we aren't distant anymore.