28 one year later

one and a half years later- october 2019

harrison and i have been dating for one and a half years now. he's honestly been the best boyfriend a girl could ever wish for. everyday he checks up on me whether it's though text or in person and he can always tell when somethings not right. like a couple of weeks ago, a man was pulled up onto shore and was barely breathing when taken to hospital. that was my part of the beach to look after and to see him be taken away without breathing, really hit me and made me feel sick inside. harrison noticed and spent a couple of nights with me. which is why i really appreciate him and all he does for me.

there's been a couple of changes around the place. jesse proposed to his girl friend and of course she said yes. a couple of months later they moved into their own flat which left harrison living by himself for a while. sure enough maxi came along and took his spot. but about two months ago maxi found a girl who is perfect for him. he asked her out a couple of weeks ago and they've really been spending a lot of time together. her name is tahlia and i've also been spending a bit of time with her. she is super super lovely and is treating maxi like a king, like wise for him.

but things between harrison and i have been steady. nothing special has happened and no major arguments or anything has occurred which is really good.

one thing that's going to change is that i'm going to take a break from lifeguarding. it's really starting to effect my mental health, seeing these lifeless bodies every now and again. i put on a brave face around all the lifeguards but harrison is the only one to know how weak i am. i've talked to harrison about taking a break and he thinks it's a good idea, seeing as i haven't been coping as well as i could be.

i'm going to speak to hoppo in an hour to tell him what i'm doing and i'm sure it will come to a bit of a shock for him. but it is what it is i guess. i'm going to try find a job in a local cafe or restaurant though for the time being. i've got barista experience and cafe experience so i think it would be really good getting a job in that area of work.

the time has finally come around to talk to hoppo. i tidy myself up a bit and grab my phone and wallet before heading out and towards the tower. harrisons working today but i'm not sure where he is positioned so i may not see him. i enter the tower and climb up the stairs and i see harrison relaxing back on a chair with his feet up on the beach and jesse on the binos looking across the beach. "look at you lazy shit" i say to harrison and him and jesse laugh. i talk for a minute and harrison tells me that hoppos in his office. i wander down the stairs and into the tunnel where hop's office is. i knock on the door and i hear him say 'come in'. instantly butterflies swarm my stomach because i'm so nervous to talk to him. i really hope this goes well.