20 forever

i stay in the tower the entire time with reidy and dean and it wasn't a very busy day, 20ish rescues is what we recorded. before harrison and i head to our apartments he asks me if i wanna take a walk along the beach. it's one of my favourite things to do so of course i said yes. we start walking with our bags sling over our shoulders and soon enough i feel his hand slipping into mine. i grab it and he intertwines our fingers ethics puts a smile on my face and runs a shiver down my spine. "hey el?" he says and i look up at him. "yeah" i say softly back to him. "look, el, i really like you. my feelings have grown stronger and stronger for you this week after all you've been through and all i want is to care and look after you and have you to myself. you're so special to me el. i have no idea what i would do without you" he says and i smile at his kind words. "harrison..." i say in a happy voice and strangely his smile drops from his face. "come here" i say and pull him into a gigantic hug after dropping my bag on the ground. he puts his bag on the ground as well and hugs me back. "i love you" i whisper into his ear and he pulls me closers. he pulls me away and i look up at him, as if we're going to kiss. "do you wanna be my girlfriend" he says and i nod rapidly then kiss him on the lips. it's short and sweet but we both pull away, smiling from ear to ear. "i love you" he says and pulls me away from him but grabs my hand and intertwines it with his.

we both walk back to our seperate apartments and spend a bit of time alone - showering, tidying and having dinner. i had to head to the supermarket to grab some more food so i stopped and grabbed a roast chicken for dinner and my lunches this week.

at 8pm i get a text while i'm sitting on my couch, from harrison. 'can i come visit you? x' it reads and i smile. he shouldn't need to ask - he's welcome anytime! 'of course :)' i text back and in minutes he's at my door. after saying hello she comes and sits next to me. "how are you, really?" he asks and pulls me into him and i snuggle down so my head is resting on his shoulder.

i'm unsure of why he asked this question but as i think about it i realise that i'm not as happy as i used to be. i would always be smiling and be out and about but nowadays i take it quiet and don't spend a lot of time around other people. i've stopped going to the bar after work with the guys which i think harrison and maxi noticed as well. i have no idea what's hanged but as harrison bought this question up it made me think of how things have changed.

"el, what's up" he says looking down at me. "nothing" i say and smile, leaning up into his shoulder. he pulls me close and wraps his left arm around me as well. "somethings not right, i've noticed" he tells me. "i don't know what's wrong" i say and i relax completely into his embrace. he starts talking to me and telling me that everything's going to be alright, no matter how i'm feeling or what's going on. he speaks for a couple of minutes and i don't say a word. "el, speak to me" he says softly and looks down at me. "i don't know what to say" i say gently.

"oh el, you're fine, trust me" he tells me. he knows how vulnerable and fragile i am right now so everything he says is soft and reassuring me. he moves me around in his arms gently and puts my legs across his lap and my head leaning into the couch near his shoulder. "now i can see that pretty face of yours" he says and pushes a piece of hair behind my ear. i take a hold of his right hand which is resting on the inside of my thighs and intertwine it with mine, causing him to smile. "you know you can tell me when somethings wrong okay love? i need to make sure you're okay" he says and squeezes my hand gently. "thanks" i say and smile and i look up at him. he started at me in a way he never has before. it's like he's concentrating on one part of me and figuring out something. it's like he's in awe and is examining me. "what?" i question him as he looks at me. "you really are stunning" he says and i chuckle. "really el, you are. you never admit it or say anything about it either, you just brush it off" he says and rubs his thumb over my cheek. he leans towards me and places a delicate kiss on my lips and i kiss him back. i let go of his hand and rest it on his shoulder when he suddenly moves positions from where he's sitting. deepening the kiss a little, he climbs on top of me - gentle to not put much body weight on me and continues kissing me. he pulls away after a moment. "why did you stop" i ask him and he climbs off me and sits on my thighs. "because you're vulnerable right now and i don't want to do stuff when you're like this. i just want to make sure you're okay" he says and we share a smile. "you really are an incredible person" i say and he smiles wider. "can you come cuddle at least" i ask him. "i'll bring you to your bed. we'll be more comfortable" he says and picks me up. after putting me on my bed he makes sure the house is locked up and he pulls my curtains for me. he comes back and whips his shirt off before competing and laying beside me. he hugs me with both arms around my lower waist and pulls me half on top of him. my face is buried in between his neck and shoulder and i wrap my arm over his stomach and around his waist. "get some sleep love, wake me up if you need anything" he whispers to me. "okay" i whisper back quietly but i'm already half asleep. the last thing i remember is feeling a kiss on my forehead before falling asleep in harrisons embrace.

and now he's mine.

i wake up to kisses all over my face and i smile knowing that the person with me is harrison. finally my lovely boyfriend. "morning love" he says and his lips land on my lips and i kiss him back. i hug him for a minute before we both get up and get ready for the day. "soooo what are you doing for your birthday?" harrison asks me while we eat breakfast. "might just go out for drinks with the guys" i tell him. "that sounds nice, i'm sure they'll want to spend that time with you" he says. "i want to do something with you too as well" i tell him and we brainstorm ideas until we finish our breakfast. we don't come up with much but a couple of the ideas weren't too bad.