9 leaving without a reason

i head up and see maxi standing at my door with his head down and on his phone. "hi maxxxx" i say all smiley and he looks up and gives me a slight smile. "hey" he says i'm not his usual voice. "what's up baby" i ask him as i unlock my door. i hope none of this brings me down because i am so happy right now. tonight was just a good night in general and i just don't want it to end badly.

"i don't want to sound stupid but uh, why were you with harrison?" he asks and my heart drops a little. "he invited me around for dinner since we both weren't doing anything and you two were out" i say and he takes a seat on my couch. "it's just that you guys have been hanging out a lot lately" he says and i sit beside him. i feel like this isn't going to end too well. "he's a really really good guy to talk to. he gets what i'm talking to him about" i say truthfully to him. "but why can't you talk to me" he asks. "i do, but sometimes when i need someone to talk to, you don't take me seriously and you think it's all a joke" i say and he looks at me confused. "like when?" "this morning when we had our break and we were talking about the double drowning. everything i was saying just flew over your head but it meant so much to me" i say and i can see him realise what he's done. "you should have told me i should listen" me mumbles and i roll my eyes. "why can't you just listen anyways, why do i need to tell you to listen?" i say with a bit of frustration in my voice. he sits there for a moment thinking about what i just said. although i didn't say too much i think it made him realise how serious i actually am and how much i trust him in telling things to. "sorry, i uh..." he says then stands up. "look, i'm gonna go" he says and grabs his phone off the couch. "i'll see you tomorrow" he says and kisses me on the cheek then leaves. he closes the door and i'm left standing there in my apartment, angry that he left.

see this is exactly what he does. i try to have a proper conversation with him and he just leaves. he can't think of anything to say and doesn't want to fight for it so he just leaves as that's his best option. ughhhh.

i feel like a bit of a cry baby but after maxi leaving it just mad me cry. he just left me when i was trying to tell him to fix things. he's just ughhh how am i going to fix this. actually, why should i fix it. he's the one who walked out.

it's been about ten minutes and i've stopped crying although i just feel like shit knowing that maxi probably doesn't want to talk right now. i decide to call harrison and see what's up.

h elyse, what's up, everything okay?
e uhhh can you maybe come round or can i come see you?
h of course, i'll come up to yours, jesse has turned wild on me
e oh dear, i'll explain everything when you get here
h okay, i'll be there in 5
e i'll see you soon
h bye

i don't bother getting changed or tidying up but i get up to unlock the door so harrison can walk right in. he does so about seven minutes later and he comes and sits beside me on the couch. "so what up?" he asks and looks at me. "wait have you been crying?" he asks and i nod slightly. "i'm fine though" and wipe away the stained tear marks off my cheeks. "okay well, what happened?" he asks and i tell him about everything maxi and i talked about not so long ago.

"so he just left?" he confirms with confusion in his eyes. "mmmm" i day and nod. "i see what you mean, what a fuck wit" he says and i laugh. "like seriously though, that's stupid of him to walk out like that and leave you to fight yourself" he says and i nod.

"i uhm the thought run through my mind a couple of times of breaking up with him but i'm not sure" i say and his eyes grow wide. "really?" he asks and i nod. "mmm, it's just - i feel like i'm just another friend to him. he's not giving me that closure i need and he's not there for me" i say and i start to tear up slightly in my eyes. i think harrison can tell as he leans closer to me and pulls me into his shoulder. "el, you do what's best for you. if you're going out if your way to make him happy and hang out with him and he's not doing anything - then he's probably not what you need right now" he says truthfully and i feel a tear slip out of my eye. "i know" i say and he rubs his hand along my back, just like maxi does. or did.

after sitting there for a minute, thinking, i decide what i'm going to do. "i know what i'm going to do" i say and sit up. "i'm not going to fix things between us. he's the one who walked out and is causing this whole problem. so if he really wants me and wants to fix this, then he has to do it" i say then sit back in my chair. i look over at harrison who looks very surprised and i laugh. "you're face" i say while laughing and he also laughs. "i did not see that coming" he says and we laugh. "but that's a really good idea, how long are you gonna give him?" "ummm i don't know. what do you think?" i ask him. "well i think a week is a bit too long so maybe five days" "okay, five days starting tomorrow" i say.