21 birthday surprise pt 1

the next week goes by with working most days and harrison and i spending a bit of time together. we also went out for drinks with the guys the other night at the icebergs which was nice.

it's my birthday today and i asked for the day off, which i got luckily. harrisons working today unfortunately but that's okay because i'll just catch up with him when he gets back. i'm going to have drinks with the guys after they finish work so that'll be good.

i decide to head to tama today and hit the waves. harrison was telling me they were looking real good and that jesse, beardy and boo were on patrol there so i can go pop up and see them at some stage.

i say goodbye to harrison as he leaves and then i get ready for the day. i put on my red and white floral bikini and throw in a long leaves wetsuit too which i'm unsure if i'll need. harrison let me take his car to the beach which is nice cause i kinda didn't feel like walking down there.

i arrive and pop in and see the guys in the tower first. they all greet me with happy birthday wishes and i thank them. "i'll catch you later, i'm heading out" i say and wave them goodbye. i apply sunblock all over my body and put my wetsuit top, sunblock and car keys back in the tower where the guys said i can keep them. i head out into the water and smash the waves for a good hour. i head back into the beach and back to the tower where only beardy and maxi remain. "you're back already! that was quick" jesse exclaims. although he's meant to be doing his job, he chats to me for a while, while beardy watches over the not so very busy beach. "anyways, i should get going" i say and jesse stutters for a moment "wait, i'm about to go for lunch break, do you wanna grab a bite to eat? my shout" he asks me. "well, i have nothing better to do so yeah of course!" i exclaim. while he finishes off the last of his shift and waits for boo to come back from his break, i get changed into some denim shorts and i leave my bikini top on and showing. i can't be bothered putting on a shirt.

the two of us grab a sand which and slice from the nearby cafe and he also shouts me to an iced latte which i don't have too often. we eat our lunch on the beach until he has to get back to work. we part ways and i jump back in the ute and head back home.

leaving my surfboard in harrisons car - i collect my bag and clothes and head up to my apartment, treading sand all through the hallways... whoops!

i unlock my door and wholey guacamole! my whole apartment has been decorated with balloons and streamers with a pink and gold theme running through the whole place. "what the heck" is ya and dump my stuff in the ground as i wander around. i notice 3 bunches of flowers and a lot of envelopes on the kitchen bench which i'll open later. i keep wandering around and every room is filled with decorations of some sort, including my bedroom which has something laying on the bed. is alj over and pick up the note and small box.

'happy birthday baby x you deserve the entire world today which is why i've set up a little surprise for you. come down to the tower, deano has something for you. i love you to the moon and back baby
-harrison xox

ps. open those cards before you come x

i smile at the sweet note that i've just read and i open the small box to reveal a stunning ring with a sparkles all over and a small light blue pendant in the middle. i look at it in awe as i slip it on and it fits perfectly. gosh he's a sneaky bugger!

i look at all the cards and there's some from almost everyone i know! mum, my aunty, a bunch of lifeguards, harrisons mum who i've facetimes with harrison a couple of times and even jesses girlfriend who i've met a few times. she's so sweet! hoppos card was especially sweet. his message was the loveliest and both of his daughters wrote in it although we have only met once. they included in the card that they wanted to hang out at some stage which i'll definitely have to take their offer up on that one! harrison has obviously organised this which i think is the sweetest thing ever.