8 someone to talk to

"you know, i talk to you about lots of things i don't talk to maxi about" i day and he looks at me confused. "what do you mean?" he asks and i make my sled a little more comfortable then i already am. "like you know him - he can't hold a proper serious conversation for too long and then he ends up kissing me or some shit. and you are such a good listener, i just tell stuff to you" i say and he still looks confused. "so like, you don't talk to maxi about some of these thing?" he asks and i nod. "most of them i kinda talk to him about but we won't go in depth or he won't take the information in and remember it so it's nice that i have you to talk to" i day and smile and he returns one. "well i'm glad you see me like that. i'm always here for a talk or dinner like tonight. and you're also a good listener. jesse is shit. i mean i barely see him around here alive and walking. he's either sleeping, working or out with mates so it's good having you around" he says and i smile. "again, i'm always here" i tell him.

we keep chatting and then we roll out another game of mario cart. i am well aware that maxi may come by soon or come looking for me and he'll find out sooner or later that i've been at harrison's. not that it's an issue but he may see it as in issue in his eyes. i'll come to that when the time comes though.

9:30 rolls around and harrison and i have been playing games after games of mario cart, each of us smashing each other in games. i've picked it up now and i've become slightly good and have beaten harrison in a couple of games now.

soon enough we hear a knock on the door and we know it's going to be jesse. it's just weather maxi is going to be with him as well. harrison pauses the game and opens the door and jesse walks - well kinda stumbles into the apartment. "i need my bed" is the first thing he says and harrison makes sure he's going to make it there before coming back to playing the games with me. god i really hope maxi isn't like this. maybe he's gone home and has just forgot about coming tonight completely. or maybe he doesn't want me to see him like that. or maybe he's going to my room now to see me. who knows.

harrison gets back to our game after jesse reaches his room and closes the door. we get around two out of the five laps of the course until i hear my phone ring. "100% it'll be maxi" harrison says and pauses the game. i pick up the phone and nod and harrison gives me a 'i told you so' face.

e "hey max"
m "el, where are you?"
e "harrison's"
m "oh, um okay well uh..."
e "i'll come up now. i'll be a minute or two"
m "okay, i'll uh see you soon"
e "byeee"

i hang up and harrison gets the message that i'm heading back to my apartment. "i guess i'll see you tomorrow" he says and puts down his controller. "yeah, i'm working 2- pack up so i'll see you in the arvo" i say and i gather my stuff up. "text me if you need anything" he says before i leave and i give him a quick hug and thank him before leaving.