4 surfing

after not working yesterday maxi and i walk into the tower and kerrbox and reidy are there. they say a good morning to us and us four set up the tower. while the three of them discuss where the flags should go and examine the beach i go and open up the tunnel and sort everything out, driving the rhinos out and attaching the trailers to them. maxi comes down and puts the flags out after looking where the best swimming spot is and comes back shortly afterwards. now hoppo, corey, deano, whippet, taco and harrison have arrived and the day begins. i'm in the tower to begin with harrison, kerrbox and whippet and kerrbox brings up a strang subject. "so what were you and maxi up to the other night" he asks and i shrug. "nothing much. he came round... why?" i ask and he shrugs. "so you didn't come to the tower?" he asks and i get a shock. "shit, how do you know" i ask and he laughs and whippet joins in. he must know as well. harrison looks and me confused while a worried emotion takes over my face. "camera footage, there's always a spike and marking whenever someone comes close to the tower" he says while holding in laughter and i cringe. "oh god, who knows" i ask he he tells me that mostly everyone does and i cringe again. "shittttt" i say and we all laugh.

it's not a very best day today, obviously still people around but it's a comfortable number to manage. the waves are massive today and jesse pops down to the tower and goes for a surf because he's not on patrol today. it starts to quieter down and soon enough jesse comes running back. "those waves..." he starts to say and takes a breath. "...are awesome" he says with a massive smile on his face and we all laugh.

we finish today at 5 and jesse hangs around for a bit because he has nothing else to do. "oi el, wanna come for a surf" he asks me and i shake my head. "it's a little too big for me" i say quietly and he chuckles. "come on, it's not that bad!" he says and i roll my eyes. "hey, why don't you take one of the rescue boats out and just ride the waves in" he suggests. "nahhhh" "elyseeee" he whines and i laugh. "pleaseee" he whines again and i laugh and maxi approaches us and asks what's happening. "i'll come, i'll do it with you" he says and i raise my eyebrows. "come on el" jesse says and i give in. "fine" i say and jesse celebrates and we all laugh. we get ready and head out and hoppo, reidy and deano all stay in the tower, watching us because they have nothing better to do with their time.

i'm getting absolutely smashed my these waves but jesse keeps encouraging me and tells me pointers as he hangs back on the jetski. after about four wave attempts, on the fifth go i finally catch it. it all happens to fast and next minutes the wave has died down and i made it. "I DID IT" i scream and i turn back to see jesse standing on the ski and cheering and i laugh. maxi catches the next wave and we make our way into the beach and jesse follows us a wee way behind. "el, you killed that wave!" he says and i thank him. we chat as we make our way into the beach and reidy is down on the rhino to get the ski.

once coming back up to the tower and then congratulating me, i strip down to my bikini and have a rinse. soon enough i pack up my gear and head back home with jesse. maxi heads back to his place and i'll see him tomorrow. as jesse and i are walking home he mentions something. "el, i'm sorry that maxi and i are spending so much time together. i didn't realise he wasn't spending enough time with you" he says and i laugh. "jesse, it's fine! it's not you fault, and it wasn't that big of a problem" i say and laugh a little. that night i actually spend a bit of time with jesse and harrison, getting to know them a bit better. i head up to my apartment at about 9 and jump straight into bed.