25 surprise!

the morning goes by slow. i'm on the rhino at north end with whippet and we have to do a few rescues but its mostly pretty chill the entire time. i haven't had much contact with harrison today - i saw him in the tower this morning when i arrived and i think he's working the whole day in the tower. whippet and i swap with quiggers and jake and we head off home. "ellll" i hear harrison say before i leave the room. i've already said goodbye so what else is he wanting?

"here, read this when you get home. see you soon" he says and i look at him confused as he passes me an envelope. i go to open it but he insists that i open it at home. i give him a quick kiss and i let him get back to work. heading home i rack my brain with ideas of what the letter could say but i have no idea.

i rush up the stairs and into my apartment where i chuck my bags on the ground and rip open the envelope.

hi love, i hope you're reading this at home 😉 soooo i've done something that you might either hate me or love me for but i've booked us both three days of work (tomorrow, monday and tuesday) and i'm taking you on an adventure.

pack a bag with clothes for surfing, hiking/walking, sleeping, a sweatpants outfit and a pair of nice clothes. don't worry about anything else - i've got it all sorted.

i finish at 4 so i'll come by and pick you up about 4:30 ready for our little adventure.

i love you and i'll see you soon

harrison xox

ps. i hope you don't hate me

of course i don't hate him! this sounds like so much fun! right away i start packing and fit it into a decent sized bag. i chuck on the same outfit i wore the other night to the bar cause it's lying on my floor and i chill at my apartment until 4:30 rolls around.

sure enough there's a knock on the door and i see a smiley harrison standing there. "come here" i say and pull him inside where i kiss him. "well i'm guessing you don't hate me" he says and we both laugh. "i'm so excited!" i exclaim and he laughs. "well come on then, we better get going" he says and grabs my bag.

soon enough we have made it out of the apartment block of buildings and down to his ute where he's already packed it. he chucks my bag in the back and i notice a heap of other stuff but i'm not sure what.

once we get underway i start to ask him where we are going. "i'm not telling exactly where, but we're going camping" he says and i jump in my seat in excitement. "i haven't been camping in yearssss" i say and he laughs. "you're acting like you're five years old" he says and we both laugh. he tells me the trip is going to take about three hours so i make my self comfortable in my seat.

he passes me the aux where i plug in some jack johnson and coldplay. man i love them. with their albums playing through we take the highway along the coast to this mysterious location. we stop in a small town for some dinner, where we both get a classy meal of subway. once we eat we hit the road and soon enough we pull up at this small patch of land that looks over the water. "is this it?" i ask and he nods. "i love it!" i say and we both look across the campsite and water and harrison comes to a stop.

there's about four other tents here, so it's not very busy which is good. we spend the next hour setting up the tent harrison somehow got a hold of and he inflated the bed. while i make the bed with the sheets, two duvets and about three blankets, harrison sorts out the back of the ute with gear.

we chuck our bags in the tent with us and i look in his ute and see that he's bought our surfboards, camping chairs, and a bunch of cooking equipment and food. "you've done an amazing job, i'm impressed" i say and pull him into a hug. "why thank you" he says and kisses me on the lips.

"do you wanna go down to the beach? or we can just stay and chill" he asks me and i shrug. "i don't know" i say and he laughs. "we'll go see what the beach is like then we can come back and cuddle" he says and i nod rapidly. "i like that idea" i say and grab a hold of his hand. "or do you just like the cuddling part" he says and we start walking off. "the cuddling part" i say quietly and giggle. "come on, let's go cuddle then" he says, picking me up bridal style and walking back to our tent. 

it's 8:30 so not time to sleep but definitely time to cuddle. i get changed super quick while he locks his car and stuff outside and then he comes in. all he has to do is whip off his shirt and he's done so that easy for him. i'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts but i know that it gets cold while camping so i have a hoodie and sweatpants nearby if i need them. but with the two duvets and three blankets, i highly doubt i'll be needing them.

we hop under the covers and he hold me in his arms. his hands find their way up my back, lifting my shirt up and his touch is so gentle it puts me in a good mood instantly. we talk a bit while staying there together and i think he can tell i'm running out of energy to talk anymore. "you tired?" he asks and i nod. "go to sleep if you're tired love" he says and kisses me on the forehead. "goodnight harrison. thank you for everything" i say and pull him closer to me if that's even possible. "you're more than welcome. anything for you. goodnight elyse. wake me if you need anything" he says and that's the last i hear from him after falling asleep.