17 talks with deano

We pack up the tower and then we all leave, running in different direction to get to cover from the rain. i obviously walked here so I walk back to my apartment in a fastish pace. Im getting soaked but I really don't care. I hear a car pull up beside me and I move away from the road side of the foot path. Im shitting my pants right now thinking of who it could be. Some teengage buy trying to hook up with me? I kidnapper. "elyse, get in" I hear someone shout and I face the car and see that its deano. I sigh with relief and race towards the car. I dump my bag in the back seat the jump in the front seat. I notice that im sitting on a towel that dean must have put down. "you're soaked" he says and pulls back out onto the road. "tell me something I don't know" I say and he laughs. "im taking you back to mine, I wanna talk with you for a moment" he says and I gulp. I 100% know its going to be about maxi. We arrive at his place and I lug my dripping self and bag up the stairs and into his house. "im just gonna get changed" I say and he tells me I can take a shower. I take up that offer and have a quick rinse then get changed into my spare lifeguard clothes that I have. I walk back out and sit on the bar stool waiting for dean to come out. A few minutes later he comes back and takes a seat beside me. "so..." he starts to say and I put down my phone. "you and maxi?" he asks and I tell him why we broke up. "but it's fine, it wasn't a serious relationship anyways" I say and he purses his lips together. "at the start it looked serious but I could tell you guys have been drifting apart in the past few months" he says and I nod. "can I tell you something totally crazy" I say, wanting to tell hima bout harrison. "wait actually nevermind" I say and shake my head. "el, what is it" he asks and I shake my head. "don't worry, I - I'll tell you another time" I say and trace patterns with my fingers on the bench. "elyse." He says and I look up at him. "what up? You can tell me anything" he says and I shake my head. "but not this" I say and he gives me a stare. "is it about harrison" he says and my eyes grow wide. "wa - what?" I ask and he laughs. "it is aye" he says and a small smile appears om my face just thinking about him. "yeah" I say and he laughs. "knew it" he says and I also laugh. "how did you know?" I ask and he shrugs. "I have my ways" he says and im more intrigued about how he knows. "nah um the police asked to look though our security footage from the beach last night to see if there was any sign of the man who killed himself last night and I noticed two people on there in front of the tower" he says and I facepalm myself. "I can tell the way you two walk and with the full moon it made you two light up so I knew" he says and I shake my head. "holy shit youre sneaky, who else knows?" I ask and he tells me only he knows.

"but for real, is there anything going on between you two?" he asks and I smile thinking about last night. "you promise not to tell anyone" I say and he nods. "promise" he says. "we like each other. And hes talking me on a date tonight. We've been at each others apartments a lot lately" I say and he smile. "can I tell you something" he says and I nod. "I know that harrison is head over heals for you. In fact me and reidy were discussing that the other week. El, he loves you and he has so much respect for you. Maxi, he was nice but he hasn't matured yet. He still doesn't know what a serious relationship is" dean says and I smile as he talks about how harrison likes me. "ive noticed that" I say. "harrison is a really nice guy. He talks to me lots" I say and dean looks at me confused. "I could never talk to maxi for a long period of time because he doesn't have a long attention span" I say and dean agrees. "that's why hes never in the tower by himself. But harrison is always in the tower" he says and I agree.

"this is where I get stuck though because I know that sooner or later things will become more serius between harrison and I and isn't it too soon to be leaving maxi and moving on?" I ask. "who cares el. If you think harrison is right for you and you think it could be a strong and serious relationship then go for it. Nothings too soon if you think you've found the right person" he says and I smile. "don't move into a relationship just to get your mind of maxi" he tells me. "I'm not doing that. I really like him" I say. "oh I can tell, and he likes you too" he says and I laugh.