32 tying the knot

eight months later - february 3rd

Today is going to be amazing. I'm getting married to the love of my life surrounded by our closest friends and family.

harrison and i bought a house together three months ago and have been loving being together. it's the next block over from dean so we see him occasionally. he's no longer a lifeguard, instead he is a health instructor. but since we live close and he was such a big part of my life when i moved here, we spend a lot of time together.

Last night harrison spent it with maxi and jesse at our house. Maxi is his best man while jesse is his groomsmen. Because I don't have many girl friends, jesse's sister, ellie who ive grown close to and hoppos daughter, lauren are both my bridesmaids.

Hoppo was nice enough to offer his place as a place for us to stay last night so we did that, pampering ourselves and talking until about ‪10 o'clock‬. I could barely sleep because I was filled with excitement and it was also strange sleeping without harrison as we have always slept together. We told each other that we were only allowed to have a quick good morning text and that's all the contact we can have until the wedding.

'goodmorning love. I hope you're ready for the greatest adventure of you're life xo' I text him. Minutes later I get a reply with him. 'morning baby x I can't contain my excitement for today. i love you so much, see you later xo'

It's 8'oclock and the wedding is at 1 so we have a bit of time until we have to be there. I scramble out of my bed and walk to the bathroom and go to the toilet. I decide to take a shower while the others sleep for a little longer. Once im done, I chuck on a bralette and some shorts which makes me show off my stomach. The bralette has pretty good coverage so its not to revealing to be wearing around hoppos house. I walk back into the room where us three girls have been sleeping and I wake both of them up, ellie first followed by lauren. Soon enough they wake up with excitement of whats happening today. they both have showers and chuck the same thing im wearing on. A bralette and some shorts. We head out to the kitchen and hoppos sitting eating some breakfast. "morning hop" I say and he spins around. "elyse!" he exclaims and pulls me into a hug. "you're big day, you ready?" he whispers to me while the others sort out some breakfast. "so scared and nervous. But im ready" I say and he pulls me away. "theres no need to be scared" he says and I nod. "I know, its just a massive step" I say and he agrees. "trust me, you're going ot have the best day of you're life. Now go enjoy it!" he says and I smile and thank him. "hey wait, I'll cook brekkie for you girls" he says walking over to where lauren and ellie are getting some waffle mix and bacon out. He takes over and we go back to the room and start prepping ourselves. I put moisturiser on, dry my hair and put some skin care stuff on. We muck around, talking and fluffing around until hoppo calls us that breakfast is ready. By ‪9:30‬ we are finished and ready to head to the make up and hair salon where all three of us are getting dolled up. to takes two hours for us to get everything done and I must say – we look stunning.

the colour scheme for the wedding is sliver and navy blue. We all have sliver glitter eyeshadow on which looks so stunning. my hair is in such natural very loose waves and the two front pieces have been tied at the back with a small flower clasp. Once we get back home our lunch has arrived – consisting of a platter of cheese and crackers and nibbles. We fill our selves up and the clock ticks over to ‪12:00‬ and we start to really get ready. The three of us slip into our dresses and they secure the flower crown on my head with some bobby pins.

I slip on my heels and all of us sort through the jewellery we are going to wear. I put on a plain silver bracelet harrison gave me for my birthday and the necklace and matching earrings he gave me the night he asked me out. On the back of the necklace reads 'love harrison' and I don't like to wear it too much because its so beautiful and special to me.