40 finally, its here

one year later - june

guess who's pregnant. me! harrison and i couldn't take it any longer. after the incident with the last baby, him and i grew even closer which i didn't realise was possible. we craved each other in ways we never knew we could and we wanted kids so badly. jesse and his partner gave birth to a little wee bit four months ago and it really opened our eyes to what we were missing out on.

so harrison and i tried and on the first try - i got pregnant. it's been three months and i've been for a scan and it looks healthy which is good enough for now.

six months later - december 4th

this is it.

my water just broke.

it's the busiest month for the lifeguards and it just happens to be when the baby is due. december 7th. it's december 4th today and harrisons gone off to work so i have no one here around me.

my first thought is to call grace - hoppos wife - who doesn't live far away and i do so quickly. she picks up and i tell her what's happening and within minutes she around at my place. she helps me into the car and we rush to hospital. my contractions are getting closer and closer together as we make it to the hospital and in minutes of arriving, im on a bed, ready to give birth.

"grace, call harrison" i say. i think she's shocked that i haven't called him yet but i just haven't had time. i really haven't.

the next fifteen minutes go by in a flash
- i'm put into a bed
- wheeled to a room
- they connect me to some fluids
- the midwife arrives

then the baby comes out.

obviously with the pushing & all but it's out. and i'm holding my own baby son. holy shit, it's here.

grace is beside me congratulating me and tears form in my eyes as i look down at me son. "it happened. finally" i say and grace gives me a hug. "harrison will be here any minute now" she says and i smile. "i can't believe it" i say and continue looking at my newborn son.

sure enough harrison races into the room and we make eye contact before he looks down at the baby. "ellie" he says and rushes over to me. "you did it" he says and i pass him our son. "we did it" i say and wipe my tears away. i see grace taking a picture of harrison and our son and honestly, it looks so god damn cute.

finally, harrison and i have a family