36 not too good symptoms

soon enough three weeks come by and i go in for a check up and scan. sure about it's there and everything looks healthy at the moment, considering there's not much there yet. i get home and harrison's there and i tell him about the appointment and everything. "let's tell them tomorrow" he says and i agree. "i can't wait any longer" i tell him.

the next day harrison is working and i come in with him. "elyse!" hoppo says, surprised that i'm here. "i take a look who's in the building and i spot reidy, harries, troy and kerrbox all in the tower. after saying hi and settling in we break the news. "i just came in to tell you guys some news... harrison and I are expecting a wee one in april" i say and put my hands on my stomach. "no way!" they all shout and congratulate me. i spend about half an hour in the tower until i thank about heading home. "el, can i just speak to you for a moment?" hoppo asks and i nod - following him down to his office. "congats el, im sure you and harrison are going to be great parents" he says and he sits in his chair and i sit across from him in the other chair. "thanks, it's kind of nerve wracking but im so excited" I say and he smiles.

"if you ever need anything or need to talk grace and i are always here. i don't know who you have around supporting you through this but i want you to know that me and my family will always be here. if you need somewhere to stay for the night or need another woman to talk to, grace is here. she'll be more that holy to help" he says and I pull away from him. "thanks" I say and smile. "make sure to keep me updated as well!" he exclaims as we leave his office and I nod. "i sure will!"

skip three months - october 2020

it's been three months since i've had a scan and i'm starting to feel like shitttt. i've had really bad headaches, cramps and my cravings have been crazy. i've just been craving carbs at the moment which apparently is normal. some of the cramps that hit me are with excruciating pain though and i'm sure this doesn't happen to all women. i've asked grace if the pain happened for her and she said she had some but nothing near what i'm experiencing. i decide to head to the doctors while harrison is at work and see if anything's wrong.

i get there and wait in the room and promptly, a doctor comes and sees me. i tell her my symptoms and how far along i am and she asks me more and more questions. "sweetie, i'm going to have to send you to hospital. unfortunately this is a job for them. they will give it a scan and see what's happening" she says and i thank her and i escort myself to the hospital. i take the doctors note to the front desk and soon enough some doctors come and lead me into a room.

straight away they start examining me and they give me an ultra sound. as they are doing this my cramps start to kick in and the notice. they hook my up to some oxygen and give me a couple of pills to ease the pain. in minutes it stops and they examine what happened. they can't seem to find the problem but they want me to stay overnight so they can keep and eye on me and the baby.

when the doctors leave i call harrison. he's in the middle of work but i need to call him and let him know. he doesn't pick up the first time so i call him a second time and he still doesn't pick up. i really need to talk to him. i call hoppo and he picks up straight away. "hey elyse, hows everything?" he asks me. "not too good, i'll explain everything later but is harrison there?" i ask and he passes me into him.

"elyse what's up?"
"don't freak okay? i'm fine but i'm in hospital "
"what the hell?! what's wrong love"
"my cramps have been getting worse and more frequent. i went to the doctors and they sent me to hospital and they're figuring out what's wrong "
"so they don't know what's wrong?"
"they have no clue"
"baby, do you want me to come?"
"no no, you stay, im doing fine but if i hear anything i'll call you"
"okay, i'll turn my phone on in case"
"okay"
"i'll be around straight after work okay love?"
"thanks, i'll see you later"
"stay strong, love you"
"love you too"
"bye"

i hang up and scroll on social media since there's nothing else to do. soon enough i get another cramp and a passing doctor looks in my room and notices. i hear he call another doctor and they come rushing in to help me. by easing the pain with some medication it all stops and i'm back to normal again.

about two hours later and another three cramps later some x-ray results come through and they show nothing. except the doctors have done some discussing and the get me to pee into a cup. they analyse it and come back to me.