26 camping

i sleep amazingly that night, right next to harrison the entire night. god i'm lucky to have him. i wake up to the sound of the birds chirping and the waves crash on the beach. harrisons arm is sling along my stomach and although he's asleep his arm is reith the gently. i roll around trying not to wake him up and check the time on my phone. 6:53. not too bad! very quietly, i grab my hoodie sweatpants and phone and crawl out of the tent, leaving harrison to sleep for a little longer. i chuck on my pants and hoddie and head down to the beach. it's so beautiful down here. the sun is rising higher into the sky and it's deserted. no ones down here. once harrison wakes up we'll have to go surfing for sure. i take a seat on the sand and just sit there looking out to the horizon thinking about life.

i don't know how long i sit there for, but it must have been close to half an hour before i hear someone come up behind me and sit down. i turn around to see harrison and he sits with his legs either side of me. "morning baby" he says and kisses me cheek. "morning love" i say and turn around further so i can kiss him on the lips.

we sit there for a couple of minutes until we decide to head back up and get some breakfast. i whip up some pancakes while harrison does the bacon and set up the chairs and gazebo. we sit down eating our breakfast and i think we are both thinking about how perfect this is. i wish i could wake up to this every morning.

the next two days we spend surfing, walking and just chilling by the beach. i've thanked harrison many time for the little adventure just because of how perfect it is. and i haven't had to organise a thing which i really appreciate. we have sausages in bread for dinner and after cleaning up we sit in our chairs, watching the sunset. i put my legs up on his and scroll through pinterest on my phone. harrison was even start enough to bring power banks for both of us which is good! that means i can use my phone without worrying about battery percentage!

i get comfortable in my chair and i look up at harrison who's looking at me and smiling for no apparent reason. "what?" i ask and chuckle and he smiles wider. "nothing" he says and shakes his head. "what is it?" i ask and he shakes the question off. "harrisonnnn" i day and he laughs. "you're just in your element. you're loving life and there's not a worry in the world. i can tell that you're truely happy" he says and i smile and put down my phone. "that's all because of you" i say and we both smile at each other. "how did i end up with you? i don't even deserve you" i say and harrison sits up a little and shakes his head. "el, if anything, i don't deserve you. you're so incredible el. so many people would be dying to be with you" he tells me and rubs my shins which are resting on his legs. we sit there for about a minute just thinking to ourselves.

after sitting outside and watching the sunset, it starts getting dark and we pack up and jump into the tent.

that night, an unexpected turn of events happens all because it starts drizzling.

both still awake, we lie there listening to the very light rain until harrison suddenly pulls me closer to him. "i love you. i say that a lot but it's true" he says and kisses my lips although it's pitch black. i kiss back and it starts to get a little heated. he pulls away for a moment and i'm not sure why. "i just want to see that beautiful face of yours" he says and i laugh. i hear him fumbling for something and then a torch turns of which lights up the whole tent without shining too much in our eyes. "come here" he says and that night he kisses me and makes me feel loved until we both get tired. "you are so perfect. i love you elyse. i really do" he whispers into my ear and i pull him close to me before falling into a deep slumber.

the next morning we wake up to everything being wet. not being bothered to set up the cooking gear in the drizzle we decide to skip that and pack up the tent and head home. we pack up with inside of the tent and chuck in in the back of the ute then in the drizzle we super quickly and roughly fold up the tent and put the piles away - not even bothering to put it in its bag. it's 9:30am and we have hit the road, back to bondi.

we reach bondi at 1pm and it's all sunshine here. we go our seperate ways for a bit, un packing, doing washing and typing ourselves up a bit with showers.