7

[ LOUDMOUTH ]

word count, 299

word count, 299

Jade stood outside of the hospital waiting for her brother to come out after getting a frantic call from him.

Once he did, he spotted his older sister by her motorcycle. He walked over, pulling his jacket closer as the cold, winter air hit him.

"Jade, I have to ask you a favor."

"What, Jug?" Jade said, "Why are we at the hospital?"

"Fred was shot." Jughead said.

"Oh, oh.."

"The guy was in a black hood.."

"Jug, Serpents don't wear masks if that's where you're going with this." Jade said, growing more annoyed by the second.

"Yeah, I get it." Jughead said, "But some of those Serpents were working for Fred when, for reasons of his own, decided to let them go suddenly. Maybe someone took it personally and went rogue." The boy sighed, "You know every hidey-hole in town. Someone has to have heard something about what went down at Pop's."

"Alright.." Jade said, "I'll get Tall Boy and we'll knock some heads. I'll get back to you later."

Jughead and his friends were sitting in the cafeteria at the hospital, talking about Fred when Jughead's phone started ringing.

"It's Jade." Jughead says, standing up to answer the call.

"Hey."

"Hey, uhm. I didn't find much." Jade said, "There was this guy holding court at the Whyte Wyrm. He was talking about how if Fred was gonna let Hiram Lodge's bitch run the show and fire his crew, then it's good that he was gut-shot. Tall Boy and I pressed him a bit, trying to see if it was all just talk or if he knew more."

"Did.. did he say anything?"

"After a lengthy chat.." Jughead was slightly concerned about her emphasis on chat. "He was just being a loudmouth."