27

[ SERPENT HOSPITALITY ]

Archie and Veronica stood on the stage singing at the Whyte Wyrm

Jade couldn't help but feel uncomfortable, she felt bad for potentially wrecking their relationship in the future.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when Veronica ran off stage, Archie running after her.

Betty went on stage and started singing. Jade's eyes widened as she saw her start to unbutton her shirt. Jade couldn't watch as she saw her friend half naked on the stage.

She looked up when FP came out of nowhere and started clapping, making everyone clap and cheer as he went on stage.

"Quite the show." FP said to the girl as he took off his jacket and gave it to her. "Thanks, Betty. Here you go." As Betty walked off stage, FP started speaking into the microphone. "Let's give her a round of applause!" Everyone started cheering again, "Show her some of that serpent hospitality were known for." When the cheering died down, he started his speech.. "You know what? I've been in and out of the serpents since I was younger than my kids, and it's been a.. wild ride. Good times, bad times, but through it all, the serpents stuck by my side while most other people turned their backs on me. My own family included. Now, the letter of the law says that I can't be here in the serpent den. That I can't associate with my friends. My real family. My blood." FP said, "But, I've been thinking about that and it'll be a cold day in hell when a snake lets a pig tell him what to do." Everyone started cheering again. "Northside wants me outta this gang? Well they better bring a coffin because FP Jones isn't retiring. I am not going gently into the night. I am here to stay. So, bring the fire." Everyone started cheering as FP finished his speech. Jade made her way beside her younger brother.

"So, quite the show, huh?" She asked and Jughead just rolled his eyes at her.

Jade sighed, leaning on the pool table behind them.

"What happened to retiring?" Jughead asked as FP walked over to his two kids. FP didn't say anything, just brought the two in for a hug.

"I know about the snake charmer, Jug." FP said, "And the delivery you did, and the debt you owe her. It was the one thing, son. The one thing I told you not to do." They stood in silence for a few moments.. "The next time she tried to contact you, you tell me. I'm in, you're out. Penny's my problem now." FP put his hands on Jughead's face. "You broke my heart, Jughead." 

"Dad, we won't be hearing from her again." Jade said, "I told her to leave town. To never come back here. I threatened her with that one video from years ago.. She practically ran away crying."

FP's face turned into a small grin, "You never fail to surprise me, J."

"Did you really expect anything less?"

"I guess not.."