60

[ I BELIEVE YOU ]

word count: 713not edited

word count: 713
not edited

As Alice finished her last line, the wall lifted revealing a rather frightful sight.

"Uh, Kevin, did you re-block this scene and why isn't she already singing?" Cheryl asked from the seat of the audience with Kevin, Jade and Jughead.

"I don't think that's part of the show.." Jade said.

"Oh my god." Kevin said.

"Somebody should help her." Cheryl said, "For god's sake, help her!"

Alice then turned around and let out a horrifying shriek, as if right out of a horror movie.

It was after Midge Clump's funeral and the five friends all sat in a booth at Pop's

"I have a theory." Jughead said, "It's a copy cat killer. And, who coincidentally showed up in riverdale just after Mr. Svenson was killed? And has been giving us creepy vibes ever since? Chic. He has a temper too.."

"Chic is here because I went to the hostel to get him." Betty spoke, "Yes, he's weird.. but, he didn't know Midge. So.. moving on.."

"What if Mr. Svenson wasn't the Black Hood?" Archie said.

"Archie, we were there when he died." Betty said.

"I know. But just because he was wearing a hood that night, it doesn't necessarily mean he was the same guy who shot my dad... and now killed midge.."

"Svenson forced me to bury you alive. He cut off his own finger and sent it to me.."

"Maybe the real Black hood cut it off becaue he was working with Svenson.."

"And Svenson would've let himself be mutilated?" Veronica cut in.

"Look, all I'm trying to say, is the real Black Hood could still be alive." Archie said, "I looked into the Black Hood's eyes.. they weren't Mr. Svenson's eyes."

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know. I believe what you said about the actual Black Hood still being alive." Jade said as she caught up to Archie, who was walking to his truck while everyone was already else gone.

"Thanks, J. I appreciate that." He said to the brunette girl.

"Also I just wanted to ask if you were okay.. because, whether or not the Black Hood is back.. I don't want death wish Archie to come back.."

"Did you see that note? It was written in Midge's blood. If the Black Hood is going after victims who escaped him, that means my dad is next.. or moose, or you, or me... it could be anyone."

"That's exactly why you need to be sane and steady right now."

"I am. I will be."

"Promise you won't patrol the streets with a baseball bat and Reggie Mantle, of all people, as back up?"

"Fine.. I promise."

"Archie?" Veronica said into her phone, expecting the ginger's voice to answer..

"He's with me, Babe." Nick St. Clair said, "How have you been, Ronnie? You miss me?"

"Nick St. Sicko, why're you calling me from Archie's phone?"

"So that you'd believe me when I say that I have him, Ronnie. And that it's gonna cost you to get him back. A cool million should do it."

"Whatever twisted game your playing.. don't forgot what happened to you and your legs last time you misbehaved."

"Oh, I haven't." Nick said, "In face, I'm gonna have a limp for the rest of my life to remind me. So, it's simple Ronnie Either you get me what I've asked for.. or I start taking my anger out on your Archiekins. And believe me when I say, I'm extremely angry, babe."

"What do you mean you won't pay Archie's ransom?" Veronica said to her parents.

"I am not cowing down to a teen terrorist like Nick St. Clair." Hiram Lodge said to his daughter.

"Well, then, I'm calling the police."

"No, Veronica. You can't."

"The St. Clairs are a family." Hermione said, "With ties to the underworld.."

"I thought they were music producers." Veronica said.

"They are. But, they're also mobsters." Hiram said, "And if we involve the police.. we risk exposing ourselves."

"That's probably why Nick was so brazen in calling you and now even trying to hide his identity." Hermione spoke.

"But, we will figure this out, I just need you to be patient."

"Patient?" Veronica exclaimed. "For all we know, daddy, Nick's cutting off Archie's ear right now."