10

[ A WIN ]

word count, 538

word count, 538

Jade opened the door to the Jones' trailer, seeing Jughead in the kitchen looking for food.

"Hey."

"What?" She snapped, falling onto her pull out couch face first.

"What crawled up your ass and died today?"

"I broke a girl's nose." Jade said rolling onto her back.

Jughead turned to her slowly then shook his head and went back to looking through the fridge.

"Okay, then.." He said quietly. After a few minutes of silence in the small trailer, Jughead spoke again, "There's no food in here."

"Is there ever?" Jade retorted, the smart ass phase of her anger coming out.

When she was ever extremely angry it came in phases.

Phase one: don't touch me

Phase two: fighting

Phase three: Viper Venom

Phase four: don't talk to me, don't touch me, don't even breathe around me

Phase five: smart ass

Phase five was the final phase before she eventually calmed down.

"Hey, there's going to be an event tomorrow at Pop's. You should come."

"I don't think Northsiders would appreciate me being there." Jade said.

"Jade." Jughead pulled the puppy dog eyes on his older sister. He knew she couldn't say no to Jughead when he did this. Not when they were younger and guessing he was mistaken now.

"Do I look four to you?" Jade said, then took a flash drive out of the inside pocket of her jacket. "I do need you to give this to Cheryl, though."

"What do you mean by? What did you do?"

"Nothing," She said, leaning against the back of the sofa, "I just.. threatened to release the video we found of Clifford and Jason.."

"Dear lord." The black haired boy across the room said.

"Did you really expect anything less from me?" Jade raised her eyebrow, crossing her arms.

"Guess not." Jughead answered, a dorky smile on his face.

"Your honer, I speak for myself and my mother when I say we forgive Fp Jones for the part he played in covering up my brother's murder." Fp looked at the ginger haired girl in shock. This is the last thing he expected to happen today. "And we humbly ask the court for leniency. Fp's guilt has been blown out of proportion to satiate what my father's suicide denied us. Closure."

"As much as I sympathize. I can't ignore the quality of Mr. Jones' crimes. There were no extenuating circumstances." The judge said, Jughead hung his head before hearing Cheryl speak again.

"My father threatened him." Jughead brought his head back up at the ginger girl, wanting her to continue, "I overhead them talking in Daddy's study. Daddy said that Jade and Jughead would end up like JJ if he didn't comply.. is that extenuating enough?"

"In light of these revelations, I suggest that we take a step back and reevaluate certain aspects of the case. At which time, we will revisit the sentencing. Adjourned!" The judge brought his mallet down on the podium.

Jughead and Jade stood, their father speaking first, "Is that's a win?"

"It's a delay, so, yeah." Jughead answered as the two siblings brought their dad in for a hug. Jughead started crying silently, so overwhelmed with what had just happened.